Josh has recently joined forces with Guyan & Associates and will be heading up all M&E contracting in the North West region – with a focus on permanent recruitment for Major Projects.
Typical roles include: Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers and Site Managers.
Conveniently situated in Manchester, Josh brings over three-years solid experience in M&E recruitment. And having worked on the consultancy side of Building Services, Design and also Facilities Management – he is able to offer a thorough understanding of the whole Design, Build, Operate & Manage (DBOM) process.
In his spare time, newly-married, Josh is Captain of a local football team and when he’s not on the pitch, you’ll find him and his acoustic guitar on stage in Manchester. A singer/song writer since he was 11-years-old, Josh is proud of his city’s underground music scene and often plays solo gigs when he’s not working.
Are you an M&E Project Engineer looking for a challenging role within the Leeds region?
Due to recent contract awards and increased future work, our client is looking for Mechanical & Electrical Project Engineers for varying sized projects across the Leeds region. The Project Engineers would support where appropriate all technical and commercial aspects of the mechanical and electrical installation. The Project Engineer will ensure that operations on site are carried out in a safe manner the company’s business processes are followed in carrying out the construction project and maintain good client relationships on the project.
• Ensures that technical, quality and performance standards are met
• Interprets design information correctly
• Has sufficient technical ability to create or adapt design information when appropriate to do so
• Supports the Foreman and installation team with technical advice
• Ensures that timely and accurate information is available to the Project Manager and achieves tasks within timescales identified
• Understands and works to budgets for relevant work sections
• Ensures that procurement is technically correct and carried out in accordance with procedure and prioritised schedule
• Manages allocated sub-contractor performance
• Creates and implements plans consistent with the overall project plan
• Contributes to overall effective teamwork but able to work independently
• Liaises with other specialists such as surveying to ensure variations, instructions and costing are dealt with
• Ensure the HS&E management procedures are being followed
• Ensures that information is collated to produce accurate record drawings and manuals
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to build strong relationships at all levels
• Good communication skills – verbal and written
• Customer focused
• Excellent communicator and influencer
• Ability to perform consistently under pressure
• Ideally ONC/HNC in Building Services Engineering or similar
• Previous experience of working with a major M&E/Building Services/Renewables Contractor
Client: This innovative M&E Building Services Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with a value of £1m - £30m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
No Staff: 250
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering and Quantity Surveying
Sectors: Residential, Public Sector, Commercial & Industrial, Healthcare, New Builds, Justice & Defence and Power Generation
M&E Services installed: Solar Energy, Heat Pumps, Combined Heating & Power Systems and Commercial Biomass Boilers
Years of establishment: 30 years
Awards won: NICEIC & B&ES approved, CHAS, CEA, MCS001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education