Charlie has been working in partnership with Guyan & Associates since August 2012. A born and bred Brummie, Charlie is a specialist Mechanical & Electrical Building Services recruiter, for both permanent and freelance roles. Based in the Birmingham, his clients span the Midlands, whilst some have a national remit.
After leaving university, Charlie moved straight into M&E recruitment and has a solid 15 years experience under his belt. Prior to joining forces with Guyan & Associates, he worked for one of the biggest national agencies, where he successfully built up the M&E area from scratch.
A self-confessed foodie, when he's not cooking up a storm in the kitchen, Charlie enjoys sampling his local Michelin-starred restaurants. A love of travel has taken him throughout Australia and South East Asia, but it is train travel that really appeals and the Trans Siberian railway, from Moscow to Beijing, is top of his list.
Where: Charlie looks after roles in the midlands – west and east – up to Nottingham, down to Oxford, Northants and Worcester.
Are you a Mechanical Estimator, looking to work with an internationally renowned M+E contractor? Do you want to work in a friendly team environment with genuine development opportunities? Our client is selective in their tendering process and as such have an extremely high success rate. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of their continued expansion across the Midlands Region.
Job title: Mechanical Estimator for National M&E Building Services contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Mechanical Estimator your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Produce accurate estimates of material and labour costs for the mechanical element of the project
• Prepare and send out accurate mechanical estimates and tender documentation.
• Vet received quotes for mechanical material and labour costs and utilise negotiation skills to achieve 'best value'
• Understand estimating processes and use empirical data to work in an organised, accurate and methodical manner.
• Have a good understanding of technical M&E drawings and be able to prepare “take offs” from schematics.
• Evaluate technical Building Services requirements, estimating costs, determining prices and margins of all Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning services (HVAC).
• Create estimates/quotations to potential customers - ensuring both the customer and business needs are met and the estimate is line with requirements.
• Work closely with Business and Mechanical Managers, Estimating Managers, Mechanical Contracts Engineers and Area Development Managers during the estimating/tender process - building solid working relationships.
• Strong IT skills (including use of estimating software such as Amtech Estimation or similar) are vital, as is the ability to use electronic portals for bid submissions.
• Evaluate bid opportunities and liaise with potential M&E clients, working within project deadlines to produce accurate mechanical estimates.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Ideally qualified with either a Mechanical qualification in Building Services Engineering.
• Previous working experience as an estimator within an M&E Contractor or Quantity Surveying practice.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This international M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation, maintenance and facilities management of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with a value of over £2bn per annum
Turnover: Over £3bn
Location Coverage: UK & global
No Staff: 80,000 worldwide
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Aviation, Government, Commercial, Defence, Health, Industrial, Leisure, Regeneration and Retail
M&E Services installed: HVAC, HV & LV, BMS, ductwork, lighting controls, renewable energy systems, security & CCTV
Years of establishment: 130 years +
Awards won: 20 awards in the 2014 RoSPA Awards, taking the total RoSPA honours to 220 in the last decade
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education