Charlie has been working in partnership with Guyan & Associates since August 2012. A born and bred Brummie, Charlie is a specialist Mechanical & Electrical Building Services recruiter, for both permanent and freelance roles. Based in the Birmingham, his clients span the Midlands, whilst some have a national remit.
After leaving university, Charlie moved straight into M&E recruitment and has a solid 15 years experience under his belt. Prior to joining forces with Guyan & Associates, he worked for one of the biggest national agencies, where he successfully built up the M&E area from scratch.
A self-confessed foodie, when he's not cooking up a storm in the kitchen, Charlie enjoys sampling his local Michelin-starred restaurants. A love of travel has taken him throughout Australia and South East Asia, but it is train travel that really appeals and the Trans Siberian railway, from Moscow to Beijing, is top of his list.
Where: Charlie looks after roles in the midlands – west and east – up to Nottingham, down to Oxford, Northants and Worcester.
Are you currently working in a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Project Commercial Manager role with P21 or PFI contractual knowledge? If you are looking to progress with a leading national M&E Contractor on a notable midlands based healthcare project then we would like to hear from you.
Job title: Commercial Manager for National M&E Building Services contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Commercial Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Work with the M&E project teams to formulate commercial plans, that identify necessary activities that protect the company from risks, and enhance the profitability of contracts.
• Have responsibility for the commercial performance of the project ensuring that the Mechanical & Electrical team successfully achieve the defined objectives and reach their full potential.
• Manage and carry out monthly commercial M&E project reviews - giving direction and advice on any matters of dispute resolution, as required.
• Ensure M&E contract costs are commercially managed, monitored, controlled and reviewed against agreed budgets and that cost information is accurately reported. This includes assisting in the preparation and agreement of interim valuation and final accounts and commercial management of the ongoing financial aspects of subcontracts.
• Lead and comply with company Health & Safety standards, whilst ensuring commercial practices and procedures are managed effectively and internal procedures are maintained.
• Build and maintain high level customer relationships with partnering Quantity Surveyors and Client Commercial Management teams.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Ideally qualified with either a Mechanical / Electrical qualification or Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying.
• Previous working experience within an M&E Contractor or Quantity Surveying practice.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This privately-owned M&E Contractor has established themselves as one of the largest, independent contractors, specialising in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with values of up to £12m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Commercial, Education, FM and Planned Maintenance, Healthcare, Hotels, Transport Infrastructure, Residential, Industrial, Pharmaceutical and Research, Refurb and fit-out
M&E Services installed: HVAC, CCTV, BREEAM & Code assessments, Fire Detection & Protection, LV, MV, Electrical distribution and Hot and Cold Water supplies
Years of establishment: 65 years +
Awards won: RoSPA President’s Award 2013 – 2015; RoSPA Gold Awards 2008 – 2012; Supply Chain of the Year Award from Willmott Dixon; BS EN ISO 9001-2000; BSI ISO 14001: 2004
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education