Josh has recently joined forces with Guyan & Associates and will be heading up all M&E contracting in the North West region – with a focus on permanent recruitment for Major Projects.
Typical roles include: Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers and Site Managers.
Conveniently situated in Manchester, Josh brings over three-years solid experience in M&E recruitment. And having worked on the consultancy side of Building Services, Design and also Facilities Management – he is able to offer a thorough understanding of the whole Design, Build, Operate & Manage (DBOM) process.
In his spare time, newly-married, Josh is Captain of a local football team and when he’s not on the pitch, you’ll find him and his acoustic guitar on stage in Manchester. A singer/song writer since he was 11-years-old, Josh is proud of his city’s underground music scene and often plays solo gigs when he’s not working.
Guyan & Associates are currently recruiting on behalf of a natonal MEP contractor, seeking to strengthen their pre-construction team by hiring an experienced electrical estimator.
Be a part of an established M&E business with a great reputation across the UK and abroad.
Interested? Get in touch today.
Job title: Electrical Estimator for National M&E Building Services contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Electrical Estimator your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Produce accurate estimates of material and labour costs for the electrical element of the project
• Prepare and send out accurate electrical estimates and tender documentation.
• Vet received quotes for electrical material and labour costs and utilise negotiation skills to achieve 'best value'.
• Understand estimating processes and use empirical data to work in an organised, accurate and methodical manner.
• Have a good understanding of technical M&E drawings and be able to prepare “take offs” from schematics.
• Evaluate technical Building Services requirements, estimating costs, determining prices and margins of all electrical equipment.
• Create estimates/quotations to potential customers - ensuring both the customer and business needs are met and the estimate is line with requirements.
• Work closely with Business and Electrical Managers, Estimating Managers, electrical Contracts Engineers and Area Development Managers during the estimating/tender process - building solid working relationships.
• Strong IT skills (including use of estimating software such as Amtech Estimation or similar) are vital, as is the ability to use electronic portals for bid submissions.
• Evaluate bid opportunities and liaise with potential M&E clients, working within project deadlines to produce accurate electrical estimates.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Ideally qualified with either an Electrical qualification in Building Services Engineering.
• Previous working experience as an estimator within an M&E Contractor or Quantity Surveying Practice.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This independently owned and managed, market leading M&E Building Services Contractor specialises in Mechanical & Electrical engineering, technical facilities management and systems integration projects, with values of up to £335m
Turnover: Total Revenue £4bn
Location Coverage: UK & Ireland
No Staff: 2,856
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration.
Sectors: Utilities, Education, Transport, Commercial, Retail, Health, Leisure, Residential and Government
M&E Services installed: HVAC, general and emergency lighting and controls, power, fire alarm systems and plumbing services
Years of establishment: 150+
Awards won: Proud winners of the Electrical Industry ‘'Major Contractor of the Year 2015' and "Large Contractor of the year award 2017"
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education