After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
We are looking to recruit a Document Controller for a large Commercial Development in Watford. The successful candidate will have experience of working on a project over £12 million and be fluent in 4Projects.
Job title: Document Controller
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Document Controller your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Version control and quality check of final M&E project documentation and correspondence in line with procedures, including obtaining and uploading final M&E reports from technical teams for use by external parties.
• Direct liaison with consultants and external stakeholders, including notifying key stakeholders of updates to the Baseline Information in coordination with the Project Leads.
• Generation of reports
• Management of electronic correspondence, document storage, transmittal systems and procedures.
• Preparing documents for uploading and ensuring that all missing metadata is completed
• Champion existing document control process and procedures and support development / implementation of new project systems and procedures.
• Support the maintenance of an assumptions log, issues log and change log.
• Assisting the Project Leads with identifying relevant drawings that shall form part of the baseline and working with the Drawing Manager in keeping the drawings register up to date.
• Administer the baseline information acceptance process with the various external stakeholders, and maintain a register and evidence of acceptance.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• 4Projects experience essential
• Experience of operating successfully in relevant coordination, technical or M&E project support roles
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid drivers license.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This award-winning M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects
Turnover: £90 million
Location Coverage: UK & Ireland
No Staff: 200+
Typical Roles and disciplines: BIM Technician, Project Engineer, Mechanical & Electrical Project Manager, Quantity Surveyor, Project Director
Sectors: Commercial, Industrial, Education, Residential, Retail, Medical, Heritage Buildings, Office fit-outs
M&E Services installed: BIM, supported by AutoDesk Revit MEP, HVAC, lighting control systems, BMS controls
Years of establishment: 24 years
Awards won: 'Excellence Through People' employer
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education