After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
Our client are looking to appoint a Mechanical Design Manager to oversee the Mechanical Design Department. Working alongside the Electrical Design Manager and reporting into the Design Director you will play a key role in this companies Design processes and procedures. Very exciting times planned in the business.
Job title: Mechanical Design Manager (Building Services)
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Mechanical Design Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Support the Engineering & Design Director in major business activities and special Mechanical projects.
• Co-ordinate and manage all design & engineering activities on allocated M&E projects, as well as undertaking mechanical design tasks, particularly the design and analysis of mechanisms and mechanical plant.
• To work flexibly to undertake a variety of mechanical design activities associated with the design, test, substantiation and installation of high integrity mechanical plant and systems.
• Provide mechanical design input to tender
• Lead discussions covering mechanical design engineering with the M&E project client/Design Team in order to ensure that programmes are delivered to specification, cost and time.
• Work within and maintain required records for all work, in order to satisfy company standards, procedures and legal requirements.
• Keep abreast of latest technology and identify technology developments and resources appropriate to the business needs and engineering activities
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge of Mechanical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driving licence.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This award-winning M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects
Location Coverage: UK & Ireland
No Staff: 200+
Typical Roles and disciplines: BIM Technician, Project Engineer, CAD Technician, Mechanical & Electrical Project Manager
Sectors: Commercial, Industrial, Education, Residential, Retail, Medical, Heritage Buildings, Office fit-outs
M&E Services installed: BIM, supported by AutoDesk Revit MEP, HVAC, lighting control systems, BMS controls
Years of establishment: 24 years
Awards won: 'Excellence Through People' employer
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education