After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Mechanical Construction Manager, with one of London's leading M&E businesses. They are currently working on a High End Residential Development in the Westminster area. The successful candidate with driving the Mechanical install forward at site level. Great opportunity to add an iconic project to your CV.
Job title: Mechanical Construction Manager
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Mechanical Construction Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Supervising and monitoring the workload of directly employed labour and specialist sub-contractors for the mechanical services.
• Take responsibility for mechanical work allocation, maintaining performance standards, overtime supervision, signing off time sheets and issuing site instructions for sub-contractors.
• Provide technical support and first line supervision to the mechanical section, raising RFI's, issuing builder’s work requests & looking over risk assessments and method statements.
• Resource and ordering mechanical materials from mainstream suppliers.
• Maintain relevant on site records of mechanical plant and equipment data.
• Provide project support for the Mechanical Project Manager and Senior Mechanical Engineer.
• Monitor performance against the contract programme and setting sectional target completion dates.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge of M&E Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid drivers license.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This progressive, multi-disciplined, M&E company is now in its fifth decade. They continue to be at the forefront of innovative technologies and provide a complete engineering solution to the construction industry. Their success is built upon steady growth and retention of its core family values, instilled within the company by its founding members.
Average project range: £8m - £25m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
No Staff: 500+
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Retail, Residential, Commercial, Technology, Education, Aftercare
M&E Services installed: HVAC, HV & LV, BMS, ductwork, lighting controls, renewable energy systems, security & CCTV, Intelligent Building Management System (BMS)
Years of establishment: 45 years +
Awards won: NICEIC approved, B&ES, Safe Contrator Approved, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001