After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join a prestigious M&E Contractor. You will play a key role in the delivery of a £16 million mixed development scheme situated West London. Project due to run until mid 2018.
Job title: Mechanical Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Mechanical Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Working as part of the M&E delivery team you will be responsible for all aspects of mechanical building services installation
• Procurement of materials and labour for Mechanical Building Services
• Liaising with architect, M&E design consultant, main contractor and the client
• Co-ordination of utilities companies to enable site set-up
• Mechanical Design co-ordinating/review of drawings
• Management of M&E site managers/supervisors
• Health and Safety management
• Overseeing the installation of all associated mechanical services
• Attending and chairing mechanical project progress meetings
• Dealing with any client issues
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge of M&E Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid drivers license.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This renowned, national, M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with values of £20k - £20m
Location Coverage: UK & Ireland
No Staff: 650
Typical Roles and disciplines: Estimators, M&E Project Managers, Design Engineers and Quantity Surveyors
Sectors: Retail, Commercial, Hotel, Leisure and Telecommunications
M&E Sevices installed: lighting controls, LV & HV, Cat A fit out, mechanical plant, HVAC
Years of establishment: 70 years
Awards won: Quality Standard ISO 9001, Environmental Standard ISO 14001
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education