After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
Our client is going through a period of continued growth and have a new exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will be required to maintain their information technology systems and networks, performing both technical and administrative tasks to ensure functionality and efficiency of computer and telecom systems. To be successful in this role, you will ideally would have experience working within the Construction or Engineering industry.
Job title: IT Coordinator for National M&E Building Services contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the IT Coordinator your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Institute protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
• Provide advice on the most suitable IT choices
• Provide technical support or training for systems and networks
• Act as link between end users and higher-level support
• Install and configure software and hardware (printers, network cards etc.)
• Monitor system and network performance
• Perform troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration
• Performance maintenance activities (e.g. backups)
• Maintain licenses and upgrade schedules
• Collaborate with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality.
• Place IT orders and process all the way through to allocation in a timely matter including laptops, software, tablets and mobile phones.
• Deal with returns of equipment under warranty.
• Be the main point of contact with our external IT support to manage creation of network and Gmail accounts and resolution of other.
• Ordering, co-ordination and management of installation for photocopiers throughout the business ensuring all offices and sites have equipment required within business guidelines.
• Management of software ordering and license management together with our external IT support base.
• Basic laptop/desktop/tablet setup within the office environment for in-house CDE requirements.
• Archive management of electronic project information.
• Management and implementation as required of business bio-metric readers for project teams.
• Basic inhouse IT and phone/mobile support for the business.
• Maintaining of the company IT Asset register ensuring auditability of all equipment.
• Setting up of video conference meetings and telephone conference calls based in the meeting rooms as necessary.
• Ensure filing system on the server is maintained.
• Ensure company standard and procedures are followed and maintained.
Client: This award-winning M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects
Location Coverage: UK & Ireland
No Staff: 200+
Typical Roles and disciplines: BIM Technician, Project Engineer, CAD Technician, Mechanical & Electrical Project Manager
Sectors: Commercial, Industrial, Education, Residential, Retail, Medical, Heritage Buildings, Office fit-outs
M&E Services installed: BIM, supported by AutoDesk Revit MEP, HVAC, lighting control systems, BMS controls
Years of establishment: 24 years
Awards won: 'Excellence Through People' employer
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education