After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
Fed up of the commute into the City? We have a project North West London for 2 years plus! You will be the Project Leader, having full responsibility and accountability of the projects successful delivery. Excellent business to work for that rewards hard work.
Job title: M&E Project Director
Duties & Responsibilities: As the M&E Project Director your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Responsible for overall leadership of the Mechanical & Electrical delivery - managing a complex large scale multi sector project to a successful financial close.
• The Project Director will provide influential leadership of a multi-disciplinary M&E Building Services team, consisting of Project Managers, Site Managers, Engineers & Designers.
• Manage the M&E project to ensure all contractual aspects between clients and contractors are met, that all parties are compliant, particularly with respect to completion of project prior to programmed operational start date
• Integration of M&E Building Services with all other construction activities with Joint Venture partners & Client
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with M&E project sponsors and other key stakeholders, both internal and external
• Lead assigned M&E projects ensuring that planned/agreed work is completed and that project schedules, quality, cost objectives and deadlines are achieved
• Identify, monitor, mitigate and manage M&E project and operational risks – also work with the SHEQ team to ensure compliance with all Health and Safety & CDM regulations and obligations.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge ofElectrical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid drivers license.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This award-winning M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects
Location Coverage: UK & Ireland
No Staff: 200+
Typical Roles and disciplines: BIM Technician, Project Engineer, CAD Technician, Mechanical & Electrical Project Manager
Sectors: Commercial, Industrial, Education, Residential, Retail, Medical, Heritage Buildings, Office fit-outs
M&E Services installed: BIM, supported by AutoDesk Revit MEP, HVAC, lighting control systems, BMS controls
Years of establishment: 24 years
Awards won: 'Excellence Through People' employer
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education