After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
Due to excellent 2016 growth, a new position has become available for an Operations Manager to join an established contractor in the South East. Currently turning over approximately £100 million you will be tasked with developing your portfolio of projects and growing the business even further.
Job title: Operations Manager for M&E Installation Contractor.
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Operations Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Support the operational growth of the Regional Business Unit, including participating in the business plan, budgets, forecasts, initial setup and recruitment of M&E staff.
• Ensure delivery of M&E projects to meet or exceed targets and expectations.
• Manage and develop customer relationships through to delivery, retaining the customer following the achievement of expectations and secure further on-going profitable opportunity with the client in the short, medium, and long term.
• Accounting, Business Development, Estimating, Pre-commencement, Supply Chain Management and Health and Safety.
• Maintain a constant awareness of the strategic aims and goals of the business plan and ensure all operations and associated activities are carried out in line with the strategy.
• Ensure that all operations and associated activities are carried out in compliance with internal procedures and external legislation governing business operations.
• Lead Key Account Managers/M&E Project Managers to deliver projects safely, on time, to cost, at/or above the expected quality, to sustainability targets, and meeting or exceeding customer needs and expectations.
• Work closely with the Business Development Director to develop new customer relationships and manage the performance and success of existing relationships to ensure customer expectations are managed and achieved to retain customers.
• Lead, develop and coach individuals to build high performing teams and create a pipeline of talent.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid drivers license.
• Previous experience in a similar position or in accountability for multiple projects
• Proven experience of delivering a project of £10M+
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This leading, independent, M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with a value of upto £50m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
No Staff: circa 2400
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Commercial, Education, Infrastructure
M&E Services installed: MEP, containment & pipework manufacture, Category A and B fit-outs, pre-fabricated buildings complete with pipework & services, Business Information Modelling (BIM)
Years of establishment: 40 years +
Awards won: Investors in People - Gold Award, Responsible Business Award, Most Helpful Contractor award, 37 x National Site Awards
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education