After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
Due to our clients continued successful growth and winning another project, we have a need for an Electrical Construction Manager to assist with the delivery of a new build Commercial development in the City. Start on site is imminent. Must have experience of working on projects over £10 million.
Job title: Electrical Construction Manager
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Electrical Construction Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Supervising and monitoring the workload of directly employed labour and specialist sub-contractors for the electrical services.
• Take responsibility for electrical work allocation, maintaining performance standards, overtime supervision, signing off time sheets and issuing site instructions for sub-contractors.
• Provide technical support and first line supervision to the electrical section, raising RFI's, issuing builder’s work requests & looking over risk assessments and method statements.
• Resource and ordering electrical materials from mainstream suppliers.
• Maintain relevant on site records of electrical equipment data.
• Provide project support for the Electrical Project Manager and Senior Electrical Engineer.
• Monitor performance against the contract programme and setting sectional target completion dates.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Electrical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge of M&E Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid drivers license.
Client: This award-winning M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects
Turnover: £90 million
Location Coverage: UK & Ireland
No Staff: 200+
Typical Roles and disciplines: BIM Technician, Project Engineer, Mechanical & Electrical Project Manager, Quantity Surveyor, Project Director
Sectors: Commercial, Industrial, Education, Residential, Retail, Medical, Heritage Buildings, Office fit-outs
M&E Services installed: BIM, supported by AutoDesk Revit MEP, HVAC, lighting control systems, BMS controls
Years of establishment: 24 years
Awards won: 'Excellence Through People' employer
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education