Josh has recently joined forces with Guyan & Associates and will be heading up all M&E contracting in the North West region – with a focus on permanent recruitment for Major Projects.
Typical roles include: Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers and Site Managers.
Conveniently situated in Manchester, Josh brings over three-years solid experience in M&E recruitment. And having worked on the consultancy side of Building Services, Design and also Facilities Management – he is able to offer a thorough understanding of the whole Design, Build, Operate & Manage (DBOM) process.
In his spare time, newly-married, Josh is Captain of a local football team and when he’s not on the pitch, you’ll find him and his acoustic guitar on stage in Manchester. A singer/song writer since he was 11-years-old, Josh is proud of his city’s underground music scene and often plays solo gigs when he’s not working.
Does the idea of leading a multi-million pound M+E Contracting business through a period of sustained growth and development appeal to you?
My Client are seeking an Operations Director from an M+E Contracting background to drive forward their contracting business, based in the North West, out of their Manchester head office.
You will be given the opporutnity to develop and grow an already substantial business with a £multi-million turnover, and will have experience in a similar role with a top M+E contractor.
Job title: Operations Director for M&E Installation Contractor.
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Operations Director your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Support and develop the operational growth of the business, including participating in the business plan, budgets, forecasts, initial setup and recruitment of M&E staff.
• Ensure delivery of M&E projects to meet or exceed targets and expectations.
• Manage and develop customer relationships through to delivery, retaining the customer following the achievement of expectations and secure further on-going profitable opportunity with the client in the short, medium, and long term.
• Accounting, Business Development, Estimating, Pre-commencement, Supply Chain Management and Health and Safety.
• Maintain a constant awareness of the strategic aims and goals of the business plan and ensure all operations and associated activities are carried out in line with the strategy.
• Ensure that all operations and associated activities are carried out in compliance with internal procedures and external legislation governing business operations.
• Lead Key Account Managers/M&E Project Managers to deliver projects safely, on time, to cost, at/or above the expected quality, to sustainability targets, and meeting or exceeding customer needs and expectations.
• Work closely with the Business Development Director to develop new customer relationships and manage the performance and success of existing relationships to ensure customer expectations are managed and achieved to retain customers.
• Lead, develop and coach individuals to build high performing teams and create a pipeline of talent.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid drivers license.
• Previous experience in a similar position or in accountability for multiple projects
• Proven experience of delivering a project of £10M+
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.