Josh has recently joined forces with Guyan & Associates and will be heading up all M&E contracting in the North West region – with a focus on permanent recruitment for Major Projects.
Typical roles include: Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers and Site Managers.
Conveniently situated in Manchester, Josh brings over three-years solid experience in M&E recruitment. And having worked on the consultancy side of Building Services, Design and also Facilities Management – he is able to offer a thorough understanding of the whole Design, Build, Operate & Manage (DBOM) process.
In his spare time, newly-married, Josh is Captain of a local football team and when he’s not on the pitch, you’ll find him and his acoustic guitar on stage in Manchester. A singer/song writer since he was 11-years-old, Josh is proud of his city’s underground music scene and often plays solo gigs when he’s not working.
Are you an electrical design engineer looking to progress your career looking to progress your career within the M&E contracting industry? Perhaps you come from a condulting background and are looking to make your mark within contracting?
Our client, an established MEP contractor, are seeking to strengthen their internal design offering with a senior appointment.
Job title: Electrical Design Engineer (Building Services)
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Electrical Design Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Support the Engineering & Design Manager in major business activities and special Electrical projects.
• Co-ordinate and manage all design and engineering activities on allocated M&E projects, as well as undertaking electrical design tasks, particularly the design and analysis of electrical equipment, including wiring and lighting.
• To work flexibly to undertake a variety of electrical design activities associated with the design, test, substantiation and installation of high integrity mechanical plant and systems.
• Provide electrical design input to tender.
• Leading discussions covering electrical design engineering with the M&E project Client/Design team in order to ensure that programmes are delivered to specification, cost and time.
• Work within and maintain required records for all work, in order to satisfy company standards, procedures and legal requirements.
• Keep abreast of latest electrical technology and identify technology developments and resources appropriate to the business needs and engineering activities
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Electrical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge of Electrical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driving licence.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.