Natalie set up Guyan & Associates in 2007, alongside husband, James, after recognising a need in the market to best serve both the client and candidate, working on a quality basis. She has played an integral part in the organic growth of the business and passionately eats, sleeps and breathes it.
As a mum to two young girls, she fully appreciates the desire for work/life balance and initially took a back-office position. As her girls grew, so did her role and she has since built up a north-west desk from scratch, and is now responsible for all M&E contracting recruitment across Manchester, Liverpool, Yorkshire and the Humber. Not one to shrink from a challenge, she also oversees all of the finance, training, marketing and website.
Natalie brings more than 13 years’ experience of successfully recruiting within M&E, Building Services from the midlands up. Her corporate background allows her to relate to the needs of market-leading blue chip companies and as a business owner, she values the importance of due diligence, commercial acumen and flexibility.
To unwind, Natalie likes to power lift and is proud of the fact she could easily deadlift her husband! A massive fan of assault courses, this year she’ll take on Ring of Fire, Artic Enema and Electroshock Therapy on the 26-obstacle, Tough Mudder. Her girls are her main motivation in life and she’s determined to share her passion for travel with them, by showing them the world and teaching them it’s their oyster.
Where: Natalie looks after roles in the north west, Yorkshire (as far north as the Scottish border), down to the Stoke, Derby and Nottingham area.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Contracts Manager with fast track fit out experience to join this National M&E Contractor based in Manchester. Excellent career opportunity with highly competitve package and benefits.
Job title: Mechanical Project Manager for M&E Installation Contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Mechanical Project Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Review of the estimate / tender for the Mechanical project elements, in conjunction with the M&E project team, to fully determine and understand the conditions, requirements, deliverables, risks and liabilities of the works, as defined and awarded by the client.
• Assessment and organisation of the mechanical resources required to execute the project in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
• Communication to project team members of all information, including: project contractual conditions, specifications, drawings and working instructions for the execution of the project.
• Ensure the safe and efficient execution of mechanical project installations and procedures, both on and off site.
• Supervision and motivation of mechanical project team members, including training and development, throughout the project.
• Establish a productive working relationship with the client, on all mechanical installation responsibilities concerning design and co-ordination activities and develop contract/project opportunities.
• Ensure the efficient production of mechanical project engineering through to installation, in accordance with project conditions and requirements, taking account of the CDM and other project quality and programme requirements.
• Ensure the efficient operation of project procurement, mechanical material control and costing policies and procedures. You will also aid and assist in producing accurate and current project procurement schedules, and cost reports for senior project management.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services
• Working knowledge of Mechanical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driving licence.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This leading, independent, M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with a value of upto £50m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
No Staff: circa 2400
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Commercial, Education, Infrastructure
M&E Services installed: MEP, containment & pipework manufacture, Category A and B fit-outs, pre-fabricated buildings complete with pipework & services, Business Information Modelling (BIM)
Years of establishment: 40 years +
Awards won: Investors in People - Gold Award, Responsible Business Award, Most Helpful Contractor award, 37 x National Site Awards
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education