Josh has recently joined forces with Guyan & Associates and will be heading up all M&E contracting in the North West region – with a focus on permanent recruitment for Major Projects.
Typical roles include: Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers and Site Managers.
Conveniently situated in Manchester, Josh brings over three-years solid experience in M&E recruitment. And having worked on the consultancy side of Building Services, Design and also Facilities Management – he is able to offer a thorough understanding of the whole Design, Build, Operate & Manage (DBOM) process.
In his spare time, newly-married, Josh is Captain of a local football team and when he’s not on the pitch, you’ll find him and his acoustic guitar on stage in Manchester. A singer/song writer since he was 11-years-old, Josh is proud of his city’s underground music scene and often plays solo gigs when he’s not working.
Are you a motivating team leader with a proven background in bid, tender, estimating and pre-contract construction? Do you have a passion for work winning and a personal ethos to build a mentor a successful team? Our profit rich client is looking to appoint a strategic leader in the North West. For more information take a look at the brief below or give us a call free on 08002289494.
To manage and control a Team of Estimators within the Estimating Department to achieve turnover and profits as determined by the Company Directors
• To ensure that the Estimating Department provides a service commensurate with Company objectives, provides support for the Sales Department, gives Client satisfaction and assists in generating continued growth.
• To develop the business in terms of turnover and profit and to provide opportunities for staff development and advancement
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Estimating Team Leader is responsible for the following tasks, some of which will be implemented directly and others delegated (the order does not reflect priority):
• Assist Estimating Manager with allocation of resource to particular tenders.
• Ensure that tenders and enquiries are managed and supervised in accordance with Company procedures, are dispatched on time and compliant with the client’s requirements.
• On larger tenders that require multiple Estimators the Team Leader is required to lead the bid and manage the other Estimators to ensure a compliant and fully co-ordinated bid process is followed.
• Carry out role as Senior Estimator at times when larger tenders are not available.
• Review tender designs and compile suggested schedule of value engineering opportunities.
• Review specifications and compile list of alternative suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Attend site surveys.
• Attend Mid-bid Interviews.
• Attend Post Bid Interviews
• Prepare draft tender settlement forms for presenting to Bid Director / Estimating Manager at Tender Settlement meetings.
• Prepare draft tender letters.
• Attend Tender Handover Meetings.
• Prepare high level cost plans when asked to provide commercial support to select clients.
• Produce Square Metre rate report for all completed tenders.
• Ensure that tender returns comply with company formats and turnover & profit targets are met and achieved.
• Ensure tender documents and financial information is handed over to project delivery team in a professional manner in accordance with quality management system.
• Liaise with Technical Department to ensure technical competency and compatibility issues relating to tender conceptual designs are resolved.
• Liaise with Technical Department regarding identification of new equipment and its suitability for inclusion within tenders or the company product portfolio and assist in the evaluation of products.
• Liaise with Sales and Engineering Departments to ensure tenders are commercially viable and the conceptual design is adequately explained to ensure a smooth transition towards installation.
• Regularly meeting with suppliers ensure that the company is purchasing equipment at competitive rates and ensure company are aware of latest installation methods and technology.
• Any other duties relating to the business as instructed by the Company Directors.
Client: This innovative M&E Building Services Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with a value of £1m - £11m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
No Staff: 250
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering and Quantity Surveying
Sectors: Residential, Public Sector, Commercial & Industrial, Healthcare, New Builds, Justice & Defence and Power Generation
M&E Services installed: Solar Energy, Heat Pumps, Combined Heating & Power Systems and Commercial Biomass Boilers
Years of establishment: 30 years
Awards won: NICEIC & B&ES approved, CHAS, CEA, MCS001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education