Josh has recently joined forces with Guyan & Associates and will be heading up all M&E contracting in the North West region – with a focus on permanent recruitment for Major Projects.
Typical roles include: Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers and Site Managers.
Conveniently situated in Manchester, Josh brings over three-years solid experience in M&E recruitment. And having worked on the consultancy side of Building Services, Design and also Facilities Management – he is able to offer a thorough understanding of the whole Design, Build, Operate & Manage (DBOM) process.
In his spare time, newly-married, Josh is Captain of a local football team and when he’s not on the pitch, you’ll find him and his acoustic guitar on stage in Manchester. A singer/song writer since he was 11-years-old, Josh is proud of his city’s underground music scene and often plays solo gigs when he’s not working.
Are you an experienced Health, Safety, Environment and Quality professional with experience in the construction sector? Are you interested in working for one of the UK's leading MEP Contractors?
Our client, a leading M&E contractor, require a SHEQ Manager to work alongside their central business. The business has exciting growth plans and this role will provide an opportunty to be a key part of the development of SHEQ implementation as the business continues to grow.
Job title: Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager for M&E Installation Contractor.
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Developing a Health and Safety strategy within the M&E business whilst also reviewing all current internal policies and updating where required.
• Monitoring and analysing the monthly health and safety statistics looking for any current trends and reporting on these, looking to continuously improve process or procedures where necessary.
• Create and deliver an in-house behavioural safety training programme to all staff.
• Contribute to the staff newsletter – Health and Safety update.
• Set up focus groups to look at areas for development/best practice.
• Ensure ISO certification and standards are maintained across the entire operation.
• Ensure Achilles/NSAI standards are maintained.
• Ensure Company remains in full compliance with current and future OHS legislation.
• Systems relating to construction regulations, contractor management and hazardous work tasks (permit to work) are optimised, audited and fully effective.
• Site Safety Monitoring Reports are issued as necessary.
• Oversee the implementation of site specific safety documentation, ensuring risks andhazards are effectively communicated to all relevant parties.
• Health and Safety input and documentation into new site set ups. On award of a M&E project a full site survey and Risk Assessment must be carried out prior to commencement on site. Safety Statement and Risk Assessment to be issued to main M&E contractor/client prior to works commencing on site. This process will be carried out in conjunction with the M&E Operations Director/M&E Project Supervisors for the project.
• Method Statements and Risk Assessments are issued on all projects, when required, in conjunction with the M&E Construction Team. Similarly Method Statements, Risk Assessments and SWP’s must accompany works carried out at Office and other regional offices/sites.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Experience within the Construction Industry is a necessity, M&E experience preferred
• Sound knowledge of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM)
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid drivers license.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.