Levent joined the company in October 2015, bringing with him 15 years’ experience in the M&E Building Services sector. He has an extremely successful track record, and his network of high profile clients in London and the surrounding counties trust his judgement implicitly to source and submit the perfect candidate. Roles include Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers to Site Managers.
Prior to crossing over to the contractor market, Levent spent a number of years working within the consultancy side of the building services sector and possesses a strong understanding of the pre-conceptual and design phases – and he is keen to utilise this area once more.
A single parent of three children, down time is understandably a rarity, however on the upside Levent can now converse with any mum (or dad), at the school gate, about the intricacies of single-handedly raising children. Stolen moments are spent letting off steam at the gym or boxing training with his son, giving him precious time away from the challenges of raising two teenage girls. Born and bred in North London, Levent is an avid sports fan, particularly boxing and football, and is a die-hard gooner and a proud season ticket holder.
Where: Levent looks after roles in East Anglia and London.
Due to their continued expansion across the UK my client is now looking for an experienced M&E Quantity Surveyor to join the team based out of their new offices in the Hampshire area. The successful candidate must come with a proven track record of success working autonomously on project values of between £5m-£20m. This is an excellent opportunity for someone coming in at a relatively early stage bringing with it the opportunity to eventually become the Regional Commercial Manager overseeing Hampshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire regions which will have its own challenges overtime perhaps having to build your own team along the way once established
Ideal for someone who perhaps works in London and is looking for a role closer to home without having to lose out on working for an established contractor, financially or career progression wise
Job title: Quantity Surveyor (QS) for National M&E Building Services contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the M&E Quantity Surveyor (QS) your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• The Quantity Surveyor should have an in-depth understanding of the commercial and contractual Requirements of each M&E building services project and ensure the company fulfils its obligations under the contract - ensuring any required notices are submitted on time.
• All quantity surveying (QS) duties, including: measurement, valuation and agreement of relevant work sections.
• Negotiating revised terms and conditions with clients, contractors, partnering Quantity Surveyors and suppliers.
• Overall responsibility for M&E quantity surveying and commercial management of project finance performance, including: preparing or assisting with final accounts, loss and expense submissions, monthly management accounts, settlement of subcontractor accounts and procurement.
• Providing sound quantity surveying advice on commercial risk within the Mechanical & Electrical projects.
• Administer sub-contract and supplier orders/contracts and ensure the companies' compliance with the terms and conditions, including: valuations, payment certificates, applicable notices etc.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Ideally qualified with either a Mechanical / Electrical qualification or Cost Management / Quantity Surveying.
• Previous working experience within an M&E Contractor or Quantity Surveying practice.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This privately-owned M&E Contractor has established themselves as one of the largest, independent contractors, specialising in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with values of up to £12m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Commercial, Education, FM and Planned Maintenance, Healthcare, Hotels, Transport Infrastructure, Residential, Industrial, Pharmaceutical and Research, Refurb and fit-out
M&E Services installed: HVAC, CCTV, BREEAM & Code assessments, Fire Detection & Protection, LV, MV, Electrical distribution and Hot and Cold Water supplies
Years of establishment: 65 years +
Awards won: RoSPA President’s Award 2013 – 2015; RoSPA Gold Awards 2008 – 2012; Supply Chain of the Year Award from Willmott Dixon; BS EN ISO 9001-2000; BSI ISO 14001: 2004
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education