Emma joined the company in 2014 as Resourcing Partner in M&E Building Services, covering Manchester, Leeds and the Humber. During this time, she identified an opportunity to specialise in recruiting for Document Control and Administrative roles within the construction industry, with the remit of covering the UK.
Prior to this, Emma worked for 12 years in IDB operations, where she was involved in the bond and derivatives market, acting as an intermediary between major financial institutions to facilitate inter-dealer trading in the City of London.
When she’s not spending time with her two daughters, Emma loves to be working out at the gym and partaking in an array of sports, including mountain climbing, boot camps, running, swimming and skiing.
Where: Emma looks after roles in London and the South East
Are you a Mechanical Estimator with Design and Build experience seeking a new challenging position?
Job title: Mechanical Estimator for National M&E Building Services contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Mechanical Estimator your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Produce accurate estimates of material and labour costs for the mechanical element of the project
• Prepare and send out accurate mechanical estimates and tender documentation.
• Vet received quotes for mechanical material and labour costs and utilise negotiation skills to achieve 'best value'
• Understand estimating processes and use empirical data to work in an organised, accurate and methodical manner.
• Have a good understanding of technical M&E drawings and be able to prepare “take offs” from schematics.
• Evaluate technical Building Services requirements, estimating costs, determining prices and margins of all Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning services (HVAC).
• Create estimates/quotations to potential customers - ensuring both the customer and business needs are met and the estimate is line with requirements.
• Work closely with Business and Mechanical Managers, Estimating Managers, Mechanical Contracts Engineers and Area Development Managers during the estimating/tender process - building solid working relationships.
• Strong IT skills (including use of estimating software such as Amtech Estimation or similar) are vital, as is the ability to use electronic portals for bid submissions.
• Evaluate bid opportunities and liaise with potential M&E clients, working within project deadlines to produce accurate mechanical estimates.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Ideally qualified with either a Mechanical qualification in Building Services Engineering.
• Previous working experience as an estimator within an M&E Contractor or Quantity Surveying practice.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Call me today for more information : 07507 807 909
Client: This privately owned family business, national M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects,
Location Coverage: UK-wide
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Commercial, Public, Retail, Industrial, Leisure. Residential. Education , Health, Defence and Custodial
M&E Services installed: HVAC, LV distribution, lighting & controls, domestic services, fire alarm, above ground drainage
Years of establishment: 70 years