Emma joined the company in 2014 as Resourcing Partner in M&E Building Services, covering Manchester, Leeds and the Humber. During this time, she identified an opportunity to specialise in recruiting for Document Control and Administrative roles within the construction industry, with the remit of covering the UK.
Prior to this, Emma worked for 12 years in IDB operations, where she was involved in the bond and derivatives market, acting as an intermediary between major financial institutions to facilitate inter-dealer trading in the City of London.
When she’s not spending time with her two daughters, Emma loves to be working out at the gym and partaking in an array of sports, including mountain climbing, boot camps, running, swimming and skiing.
Where: Emma looks after roles in London and the South East
Are you seeking a new rewarding Electrical Design Engineer position?
Job title: Electrical Design Engineer (Building Services)
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Electrical Design Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Support the Engineering & Design Manager in major business activities and special Electrical projects.
• Co-ordinate and manage all design and engineering activities on allocated M&E projects, as well as undertaking electrical design tasks, particularly the design and analysis of electrical equipment, including wiring and lighting.
• To work flexibly to undertake a variety of electrical design activities associated with the design, test, substantiation and installation of high integrity mechanical plant and systems.
• Provide electrical design input to tender.
• Leading discussions covering electrical design engineering with the M&E project Client/Design team in order to ensure that programmes are delivered to specification, cost and time.
• Work within and maintain required records for all work, in order to satisfy company standards, procedures and legal requirements.
• Keep abreast of latest electrical technology and identify technology developments and resources appropriate to the business needs and engineering activities
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Electrical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge of Electrical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driving licence.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This bespoke, regional, M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with values of £8m - £20m
Location Coverage: South East & London
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: 40 sectors, including: Residential, Education, Retail, Hotel, Manufacturing & Processing, Government and Local Authority,
M&E Services installed: HTHW/LTHW, public health systems, BMS control systems, lighting, power wiring & distribution and Fire security
Years of establishment: 42 years
Awards won: NICEIC, CHAS and Building Confidence (Archilles) accredited, Investors in People (Bronze)
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays, increased to 27 days after 1 year
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education