Josh has recently joined forces with Guyan & Associates and will be heading up all M&E contracting in the North West region – with a focus on permanent recruitment for Major Projects.
Typical roles include: Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers and Site Managers.
Conveniently situated in Manchester, Josh brings over three-years solid experience in M&E recruitment. And having worked on the consultancy side of Building Services, Design and also Facilities Management – he is able to offer a thorough understanding of the whole Design, Build, Operate & Manage (DBOM) process.
In his spare time, newly-married, Josh is Captain of a local football team and when he’s not on the pitch, you’ll find him and his acoustic guitar on stage in Manchester. A singer/song writer since he was 11-years-old, Josh is proud of his city’s underground music scene and often plays solo gigs when he’s not working.
Are you a talented mechanical design engineer looking to be a senior member of a well oiled design team? Are you interested in working on a pipeline of major project within MEP contracting?
Guyan & Associates are currently recruiting an intermediate/senior mechanical design engineer (building services) for a well established client in Merseyside.
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV for further information.
Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer (Building Services)
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Mechanical Design Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Support the Engineering & Design Manager in major business activities and special Mechanical projects.
• Co-ordinate and manage all design & engineering activities on allocated M&E projects, as well as undertaking mechanical design tasks, particularly the design and analysis of mechanisms and mechanical plant.
• To work flexibly to undertake a variety of mechanical design activities associated with the design, test, substantiation and installation of high integrity mechanical plant and systems.
• Provide mechanical design input to tender
• Lead discussions covering mechanical design engineering with the M&E project client/Design Team in order to ensure that programmes are delivered to specification, cost and time.
• Work within and maintain required records for all work, in order to satisfy company standards, procedures and legal requirements.
• Keep abreast of latest technology and identify technology developments and resources appropriate to the business needs and engineering activities
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge of Mechanical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driving licence.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.