Josh has recently joined forces with Guyan & Associates and will be heading up all M&E contracting in the North West region – with a focus on permanent recruitment for Major Projects.
Typical roles include: Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers and Site Managers.
Conveniently situated in Manchester, Josh brings over three-years solid experience in M&E recruitment. And having worked on the consultancy side of Building Services, Design and also Facilities Management – he is able to offer a thorough understanding of the whole Design, Build, Operate & Manage (DBOM) process.
In his spare time, newly-married, Josh is Captain of a local football team and when he’s not on the pitch, you’ll find him and his acoustic guitar on stage in Manchester. A singer/song writer since he was 11-years-old, Josh is proud of his city’s underground music scene and often plays solo gigs when he’s not working.
Guyan & Associates are currently recruiting for an M&E Project Manager to run a large (£5mil+ mep) residential scheme in central Manchester. Working on a key project for our client, you will be comfortable in a client facing capacity, an excellent communicator and have strong project management capability, within M&E Building Services
The role comes with a highly competitive remuneration package, and the opportunity to develop within a national contractor with a solid foundation in the North West.
Job title: M&E Project Manager for M&E Installation Contractor.
Duties & responsibilities: As the M&E Project Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Review of the estimate / tender for the mechanical & electrical project elements, in conjunction with the M&E project team, to fully determine and understand the conditions, requirements, deliverables, risks and liabilities of the works, as defined and awarded by the client.
• Assessment and organisation of the mechanical & electrical resources required to execute the project in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
• Communication to M&E project team members of all information, including: project contractual conditions, specifications, drawings and working instructions for the execution of the project.
• Ensure the safe and efficient execution of mechanical & electrical project installations and procedures, both on and off site.
• Supervision and motivation of M&E project team members, including training and development, throughout the project.
• Establish a productive working relationship with the client, on all mechanical & electrical installation responsibilities, concerning design and co-ordination activities and develop contract/project opportunities.
• Ensure the efficient production of M&E project engineering through to installation, in accordance with project conditions and requirements, taking account of the CDM and other project quality and programme requirements.
• Ensure the efficient operation of project procurement, mechanical & electrical material control and costing policies and procedures. You will also aid and assist in producing accurate and current project procurement schedules, and cost reports for senior project management.
Qualifications & skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge ofElectrical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid drivers license.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.