Natalie set up Guyan & Associates in 2007, alongside husband, James, after recognising a need in the market to best serve both the client and candidate, working on a quality basis. She has played an integral part in the organic growth of the business and passionately eats, sleeps and breathes it.
As a mum to two young girls, she fully appreciates the desire for work/life balance and initially took a back-office position. As her girls grew, so did her role and she has since built up a north-west desk from scratch, and is now responsible for all M&E contracting recruitment across Manchester, Liverpool, Yorkshire and the Humber. Not one to shrink from a challenge, she also oversees all of the finance, training, marketing and website.
Natalie brings more than 13 years’ experience of successfully recruiting within M&E, Building Services from the midlands up. Her corporate background allows her to relate to the needs of market-leading blue chip companies and as a business owner, she values the importance of due diligence, commercial acumen and flexibility.
To unwind, Natalie likes to power lift and is proud of the fact she could easily deadlift her husband! A massive fan of assault courses, this year she’ll take on Ring of Fire, Artic Enema and Electroshock Therapy on the 26-obstacle, Tough Mudder. Her girls are her main motivation in life and she’s determined to share her passion for travel with them, by showing them the world and teaching them it’s their oyster.
Where: Natalie looks after roles in the north west, Yorkshire (as far north as the Scottish border), down to the Stoke, Derby and Nottingham area.
Job summary: The project is a Major PFI healthcare scheme valued at £350million. The role is career based with a possible opportunity to progress into other Major Construction projects in the North West.
Job title: Electrical Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Electrical Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Working as part of the M&E delivery team you will be responsible for all aspects of electrical Building Services installation
• Procurement of materials and labour for Electrical Building Services
• Liaising with architect, Electrical Design Consultant, main contractor and the client
• Co-ordination of utilities companies to enable site set-up
• Electrical Design co-ordinating/review of drawings
• Management of M&E site managers/supervisors
• Health and Safety management
• Overseeing the installation of all associated electrical services
• Attending and chairing electrical project progress meetings
• Dealing with any client issues
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Electrical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge of M&E Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid drivers license.
Client: This prestigious M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects
Turnover: £3bn (group revenue)
Location Coverage: UK-wide
No Staff: 2000 (project personnel)
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Built Environment, Infrastructure & Industrial, Data Centres
M&E Services installed: Fully designed FoH lighting. Intelligent Building Management System (BMS) Data centre specific total M & E, CCTV, data and BMS systems, controls and automation (MEICA)
Years of establishment: 200 years +
Awards won: Carbon Reduction Award, shortlisted for President ICE Award at the British Construction Industry Awards, numerous BREEAM excellent ratings, Green Apple Environment Award, NLA Award, South Wales Construction Excellence project of the year
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education