Josh has recently joined forces with Guyan & Associates and will be heading up all M&E contracting in the North West region – with a focus on permanent recruitment for Major Projects.
Typical roles include: Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers and Site Managers.
Conveniently situated in Manchester, Josh brings over three-years solid experience in M&E recruitment. And having worked on the consultancy side of Building Services, Design and also Facilities Management – he is able to offer a thorough understanding of the whole Design, Build, Operate & Manage (DBOM) process.
In his spare time, newly-married, Josh is Captain of a local football team and when he’s not on the pitch, you’ll find him and his acoustic guitar on stage in Manchester. A singer/song writer since he was 11-years-old, Josh is proud of his city’s underground music scene and often plays solo gigs when he’s not working.
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Project Manager to work for a Large contractor on a project based in the Lake District, North West. The role will favor a Mechancial Project manager capable of running a project circa £5mil M+E, with the assistance of an Electrical Engineering counterpart working underneath him.
Consideration wil also be given to Senior Mechanical Engineers who can show significant experience on projects of equal or greater value.
Full time, staff options will also be considered. Rates and salary negotiable dependent on experience.
Job title: Mechanical Project Manager
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Mechanical Project Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Review of the estimate / tender for the Mechanical project elements, in conjunction with the M&E project team, to fully determine and understand the conditions, requirements, deliverables, risks and liabilities of the works, as defined and awarded by the client.
• Assessment and organisation of the mechanical resources required to execute the project in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
• Communication to project team members of all information, including: project contractual conditions, specifications, drawings and working instructions for the execution of the project.
• Ensure the safe and efficient execution of mechanical project installations and procedures, both on and off site.
• Supervision and motivation of mechanical project team members, including training and development, throughout the project.
• Establish a productive working relationship with the client, on all mechanical installation responsibilities concerning design and co-ordination activities and develop contract/project opportunities.
• Ensure the efficient production of mechanical project engineering through to installation, in accordance with project conditions and requirements, taking account of the CDM and other project quality and programme requirements.
• Ensure the efficient operation of project procurement, mechanical material control and costing policies and procedures. You will also aid and assist in producing accurate and current project procurement schedules, and cost reports for senior project management.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services
• Working knowledge of Mechanical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driving licence.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This is one of the UK’s largest, family-owned, construction services and development companies, with a dedicated internal MEP arm (£98m turnover). Specialising in the design, build and installation of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, they have delivered some of the UK's most notable buildings.
Turnover: £613m, £1.27bn group
Location Coverage: UK-wide
No Staff: circa 3700
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Government, Public Sector, Commercial, Education
M&E Services installed: MEP, containment & pipework manufacture, Category A and B fit-outs, pre-fabricated buildings complete with pipework & services, Business Information Modelling (BIM)
Years of establishment: 120 years
Awards won: Investors in People - Gold Award, RoSPA Gold Award 2015