Josh has recently joined forces with Guyan & Associates and will be heading up all M&E contracting in the North West region – with a focus on permanent recruitment for Major Projects.
Typical roles include: Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers and Site Managers.
Conveniently situated in Manchester, Josh brings over three-years solid experience in M&E recruitment. And having worked on the consultancy side of Building Services, Design and also Facilities Management – he is able to offer a thorough understanding of the whole Design, Build, Operate & Manage (DBOM) process.
In his spare time, newly-married, Josh is Captain of a local football team and when he’s not on the pitch, you’ll find him and his acoustic guitar on stage in Manchester. A singer/song writer since he was 11-years-old, Josh is proud of his city’s underground music scene and often plays solo gigs when he’s not working.
Are you looking for a career within Estimation with a busy M+E contractor? Are you ready to step into an office role after gaining valuable electrical experience on-site?
Guyan & Associates are recruiting to a unique opportunity for a Junior Electrical Estimator on behalf of a large M+E contractor, who will invest in training and development to ensure your career progression within estimation, as well as providing an opportunity to learn from more senior estimators.
Job title: Junior Electrical Estimator for M&E Building Services contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Junior Electrical Estimator you will be trained to ensure that you are able to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
• Produce accurate estimates of material and labour costs for the electrical element of the project
• Prepare and send out accurate electrical estimates and tender documentation.
• Vet received quotes for electrical material and labour costs and utilise negotiation skills to achieve 'best value'.
• Understand estimating processes and use empirical data to work in an organised, accurate and methodical manner.
• Have a good understanding of technical M&E drawings and be able to prepare “take offs” from schematics.
• Evaluate technical Building Services requirements, estimating costs, determining prices and margins of all electrical equipment.
• Create estimates/quotations to potential customers - ensuring both the customer and business needs are met and the estimate is line with requirements.
• Work closely with Business and Electrical Managers, Estimating Managers, electrical Contracts Engineers and Area Development Managers during the estimating/tender process - building solid working relationships.
• Strong IT skills (including use of estimating software such as Amtech Estimation or similar) are vital, as is the ability to use electronic portals for bid submissions.
• Evaluate bid opportunities and liaise with potential M&E clients, working within project deadlines to produce accurate electrical estimates.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Ideally qualified with an Electrical qualification in Building Services Engineering.
• Good knowledge of electrical installations and specialist equipment
• Previous working experience within an M&E Contractor or Quantity Surveying Practice.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: One of the UK’s leading Mechanical & Electrical Installations and Maintenance Contractors - dedicated to providing innovative and sustainable M&E Installations and Maintenance Solutions, utilising the latest technologies.
Turnover: Circa £20m
Location Coverage: North West and wider UK
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, BIM Technician, Project Engineer, CAD Technician
Sectors: Commercial, Residential, Healthcare, Education, Retail, Social Housing
M&E Services installed: HVAC, BMS, Solar PV, steel & platic ductwork, Heat pumps, plant, HV & LV, security & CCTV, BREEAM consutancy
Years of establishment: 10+ years
Awards won: NICEIC, REA, Green Deal approved, ISO 9001, RECC, safe contractor approved, ISO 14001,