Josh has recently joined forces with Guyan & Associates and will be heading up all M&E contracting in the North West region – with a focus on permanent recruitment for Major Projects.
Typical roles include: Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers and Site Managers.
Conveniently situated in Manchester, Josh brings over three-years solid experience in M&E recruitment. And having worked on the consultancy side of Building Services, Design and also Facilities Management – he is able to offer a thorough understanding of the whole Design, Build, Operate & Manage (DBOM) process.
In his spare time, newly-married, Josh is Captain of a local football team and when he’s not on the pitch, you’ll find him and his acoustic guitar on stage in Manchester. A singer/song writer since he was 11-years-old, Josh is proud of his city’s underground music scene and often plays solo gigs when he’s not working.
Are you an Electrical Estimator, looking to work with an internationally renowned M+E contractor? Do you want to work in a friendly team environment with genuine development opportunities? Our client are selective in their tendering process and as such have an extremely high success rate. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of their continued expansion cross the Region.
Job title: Electrical Estimator for National M&E Building Services contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Electrical Estimator your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Produce accurate estimates of material and labour costs for the electrical element of the project
• Prepare and send out accurate electrical estimates and tender documentation.
• Vet received quotes for electrical material and labour costs and utilise negotiation skills to achieve 'best value'.
• Understand estimating processes and use empirical data to work in an organised, accurate and methodical manner.
• Have a good understanding of technical M&E drawings and be able to prepare “take offs” from schematics.
• Evaluate technical Building Services requirements, estimating costs, determining prices and margins of all electrical equipment.
• Create estimates/quotations to potential customers - ensuring both the customer and business needs are met and the estimate is line with requirements.
• Work closely with Business and Electrical Managers, Estimating Managers, electrical Contracts Engineers and Area Development Managers during the estimating/tender process - building solid working relationships.
• Strong IT skills (including use of estimating software such as Amtech Estimation or similar) are vital, as is the ability to use electronic portals for bid submissions.
• Evaluate bid opportunities and liaise with potential M&E clients, working within project deadlines to produce accurate electrical estimates.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Ideally qualified with either an Electrical qualification in Building Services Engineering.
• Previous working experience as an estimator within an M&E Contractor or Quantity Surveying Practice.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This international M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation, maintenance and facilities management of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with a value of over £2bn per annum
Turnover: Over £3bn
Location Coverage: UK & global
No Staff: 80,000 worldwide
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Aviation, Government, Commercial, Defence, Health, Industrial, Leisure, Regeneration and Retail
M&E Services installed: HVAC, HV & LV, BMS, ductwork, lighting controls, renewable energy systems, security & CCTV
Years of establishment: 130 years +
Awards won: 20 awards in the 2014 RoSPA Awards, taking the total RoSPA honours to 220 in the last decade
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education