Josh has recently joined forces with Guyan & Associates and will be heading up all M&E contracting in the North West region – with a focus on permanent recruitment for Major Projects.
Typical roles include: Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers and Site Managers.
Conveniently situated in Manchester, Josh brings over three-years solid experience in M&E recruitment. And having worked on the consultancy side of Building Services, Design and also Facilities Management – he is able to offer a thorough understanding of the whole Design, Build, Operate & Manage (DBOM) process.
In his spare time, newly-married, Josh is Captain of a local football team and when he’s not on the pitch, you’ll find him and his acoustic guitar on stage in Manchester. A singer/song writer since he was 11-years-old, Josh is proud of his city’s underground music scene and often plays solo gigs when he’s not working.
Are you an electrical estimator looking for a new challenge? Perhaps an experience engineer who would be interested in moving into an estimation role?
Our client, a leading building services contractor, are willing to provide comprehensive training for experienced electrical contracting professionals who are interested in the opportunity to move into an estimating function.
Job title: Electrical Estimator for National M&E Building Services contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Electrical Estimator your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Produce accurate estimates of material and labour costs for the electrical element of the project
• Prepare and send out accurate electrical estimates and tender documentation.
• Vet received quotes for electrical material and labour costs and utilise negotiation skills to achieve 'best value'.
• Understand estimating processes and use empirical data to work in an organised, accurate and methodical manner.
• Have a good understanding of technical M&E drawings and be able to prepare “take offs” from schematics.
• Evaluate technical Building Services requirements, estimating costs, determining prices and margins of all electrical equipment.
• Create estimates/quotations to potential customers - ensuring both the customer and business needs are met and the estimate is line with requirements.
• Work closely with Business and Electrical Managers, Estimating Managers, electrical Contracts Engineers and Area Development Managers during the estimating/tender process - building solid working relationships.
• Strong IT skills (including use of estimating software such as Amtech Estimation or similar) are vital, as is the ability to use electronic portals for bid submissions.
• Evaluate bid opportunities and liaise with potential M&E clients, working within project deadlines to produce accurate electrical estimates.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Ideally qualified with either an Electrical qualification in Building Services Engineering.
• Previous working experience as an estimator within an M&E Contractor or Quantity Surveying Practice.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This innovative M&E Building Services Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with a value of £1m - £30m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
No Staff: 250
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering and Quantity Surveying
Sectors: Residential, Public Sector, Commercial & Industrial, Healthcare, New Builds, Justice & Defence and Power Generation
M&E Services installed: Solar Energy, Heat Pumps, Combined Heating & Power Systems and Commercial Biomass Boilers
Years of establishment: 30 years
Awards won: NICEIC & B&ES approved, CHAS, CEA, MCS001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education