Josh has recently joined forces with Guyan & Associates and will be heading up all M&E contracting in the North West region – with a focus on permanent recruitment for Major Projects.
Typical roles include: Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Bid & Procurement Managers and Site Managers.
Conveniently situated in Manchester, Josh brings over three-years solid experience in M&E recruitment. And having worked on the consultancy side of Building Services, Design and also Facilities Management – he is able to offer a thorough understanding of the whole Design, Build, Operate & Manage (DBOM) process.
In his spare time, newly-married, Josh is Captain of a local football team and when he’s not on the pitch, you’ll find him and his acoustic guitar on stage in Manchester. A singer/song writer since he was 11-years-old, Josh is proud of his city’s underground music scene and often plays solo gigs when he’s not working.
Are you a Mechanical Estimating professional looking for a senior role within a successful M&E contractor? Are you looking for a business who invest in and develop their staff?
Guyan & Associates are currently recruiting for a great positon within a forward thinking contractor.
The key purpose of the role is the production of detailed and accurate mechanical estimates for traditional & design & build, new build and refurbishment projects throughout the North. They will be required to work on a broad variety of major projects, across most sectors such as commercial, retail, education, healthcare, leisure, residential and defence. They will require an objective and proactive approach to estimating, be ‘customer facing’ and capable of maintaining and developing meaningful relationships with our stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who is keen, and ambitious to develop their career further, in a business looking to grow, and someone who can ideally demonstrate the following experience:
Previous experience of: Mechanical Design estimating/bid presentation experience in the MEP sector. Proven track record of successfully winning mechanical projects in line with business guidelines
· Good understanding of MEP technical issues is preferable
· Working knowledge of labour, plant, materials and equipment
· Ability to read and clearly understand drawings and specifications
· Ability to work under pressure and flexible in approach to tender deadlines
· Wide supplier and sub-contractor knowledge
· Computer literate with experience of ‘Estimation’ software
· Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an advantage
· Design experience would be preferable but not essential
· Good understanding of BREEAM, EPC’s, relevant Building Regulations, SBEM
Demonstrate experience in a similar role.
Qualification to HNC/HND level or equivalent in a Building Services related qualification would be advantageous
· Using drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders
· Taking off quantities off drawings/specifications/bills of quantities
· Producing complete mechanical estimates up to £9m using ‘Estimation’ Software
· Ensuring that all bids submitted are technically correct
· Producing tender packages for subcontractors and reviewing returned documents for inclusion in main bid.
· Involvement in finalisation of tenders including value engineering suggestions, alternative manufacturer proposals etc. and transfer of agreed values into estimating system
· Production of Schedule of Rates for each successful tender
· Liaising with the Commercial Manager to review tender documents and provide necessary clarification on proposed attendances/contract/terms etc. as required to limit unreasonable commercial risk
· Ensuring all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures
· As required represent the Company in negotiations and meetings
· Attend internal project handover meetings and assist Commercial Manager in developing the commercial strategy for the project
· Maintain and developing meaningful relationships with our stakeholders
· Protect commercial position during the tender period and liaise with the Commercial Manager when decisions lie outside their delegated authority limit
Client: This fourth-generation, UK leading, award-winning M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects
Location Coverage: UK-wide
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying
Sectors: Residential, Commercial, Healthcare, Education, Student Accommodation, Hotel & Leisure, Industrial
M&E Services installed: HVAS, BMES system, mechanical and electrical services, fire and security and Cat A & Cat B Fit out
Years of establishment: 65 years
Awards won: B&ES, NICEIC, RoSPA, WRAS, ISO 9001 & ISO 14001, HVCA and Building Confidence – Achilles
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education