After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
We are looking to recruit a Mechanical Project Manager to deliver a Large High End Residential project in the City of London. The successful candidate will show experience of delivering a project over £10 million and have worked inside a similar type of business. In return you will be rewarded with a very competitive package and have access to a number of well known projects across the Capital.
Job title: Mechanical Project Manager for M&E Installation Contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Mechanical Project Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Review of the estimate / tender for the Mechanical project elements, in conjunction with the M&E project team, to fully determine and understand the conditions, requirements, deliverables, risks and liabilities of the works, as defined and awarded by the client.
• Assessment and organisation of the mechanical resources required to execute the project in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
• Communication to project team members of all information, including: project contractual conditions, specifications, drawings and working instructions for the execution of the project.
• Ensure the safe and efficient execution of mechanical project installations and procedures, both on and off site.
• Supervision and motivation of mechanical project team members, including training and development, throughout the project.
• Establish a productive working relationship with the client, on all mechanical installation responsibilities concerning design and co-ordination activities and develop contract/project opportunities.
• Ensure the efficient production of mechanical project engineering through to installation, in accordance with project conditions and requirements, taking account of the CDM and other project quality and programme requirements.
• Ensure the efficient operation of project procurement, mechanical material control and costing policies and procedures. You will also aid and assist in producing accurate and current project procurement schedules, and cost reports for senior project management.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge of Mechanical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driving licence.
Client: This privately-owned M&E Contractor has established themselves as one of the largest, independent contractors, specialising in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with values of up to £30m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Commercial, Education, FM and Planned Maintenance, Healthcare, Hotels, Transport Infrastructure, Residential, Industrial, Pharmaceutical and Research, Refurb and fit-out
M&E Services installed: HVAC, CCTV, BREEAM & Code assessments, Fire Detection & Protection, LV, MV, Electrical distribution and Hot and Cold Water supplies
Years of establishment: 65 years +
Awards won: RoSPA President’s Award 2013 – 2015; RoSPA Gold Awards 2008 – 2012; Supply Chain of the Year Award from Willmott Dixon; BS EN ISO 9001-2000; BSI ISO 14001: 2004
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education