Are you looking for an exciting new M&E Quantity Surveyor position starting in the New year with a leading, award winning M&E Contractor?
Job title: Quantity Surveyor (QS) for National M&E Building Services contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the M&E Quantity Surveyor (QS) your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• The Quantity Surveyor should have an in-depth understanding of the commercial and contractual Requirements of each M&E building services project and ensure the company fulfils its obligations under the contract - ensuring any required notices are submitted on time.
• All quantity surveying (QS) duties, including: measurement, valuation and agreement of relevant work sections.
• Negotiating revised terms and conditions with clients, contractors, partnering Quantity Surveyors and suppliers.
• Overall responsibility for M&E quantity surveying and commercial management of project finance performance, including: preparing or assisting with final accounts, loss and expense submissions, monthly management accounts, settlement of subcontractor accounts and procurement.
• Providing sound quantity surveying advice on commercial risk within the Mechanical & Electrical projects.
• Administer sub-contract and supplier orders/contracts and ensure the companies' compliance with the terms and conditions, including: valuations, payment certificates, applicable notices etc.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Ideally qualified with either a Mechanical / Electrical qualification or Cost Management / Quantity Surveying.
• Previous working experience within an M&E Contractor or Quantity Surveying practice.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This independently owned and managed, market leading M&E Building Services Contractor specialises in Mechanical & Electrical engineering, technical facilities management and systems integration projects, with values of up to £335m
Turnover: Total Revenue £4bn
Location Coverage: UK & Ireland
No Staff: 2,856
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration.
Sectors: Utilities, Education, Transport, Commercial, Retail, Health, Leisure, Residential and Government
M&E Services installed: HVAC, general and emergency lighting and controls, power, fire alarm systems and plumbing services
Years of establishment: 150+
Awards won: Proud winners of the Electrical Industry ‘'Major Contractor of the Year 2015' and "Large Contractor of the Year award 2017"
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education