Are you seeking a new desirable and challenging Mechanical Project Manager position?
Job title: Mechanical Project Manager for M&E Installation Contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Mechanical Project Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Review of the estimate / tender for the Mechanical project elements, in conjunction with the M&E project team, to fully determine and understand the conditions, requirements, deliverables, risks and liabilities of the works, as defined and awarded by the client.
• Assessment and organisation of the mechanical resources required to execute the project in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
• Communication to project team members of all information, including: project contractual conditions, specifications, drawings and working instructions for the execution of the project.
• Ensure the safe and efficient execution of mechanical project installations and procedures, both on and off site.
• Supervision and motivation of mechanical project team members, including training and development, throughout the project.
• Establish a productive working relationship with the client, on all mechanical installation responsibilities concerning design and co-ordination activities and develop contract/project opportunities.
• Ensure the efficient production of mechanical project engineering through to installation, in accordance with project conditions and requirements, taking account of the CDM and other project quality and programme requirements.
• Ensure the efficient operation of project procurement, mechanical material control and costing policies and procedures. You will also aid and assist in producing accurate and current project procurement schedules, and cost reports for senior project management.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services
• Working knowledge of Mechanical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driving licence.
Client: This independently owned and managed, market leading M&E Building Services Contractor specialises in Mechanical & Electrical engineering, technical facilities management and systems integration projects, with values of up to £335m
Turnover: Total Revenue £4bn
Location Coverage: UK & Ireland
No Staff: 2,856
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration.
Sectors: Utilities, Education, Transport, Commercial, Retail, Health, Leisure, Residential and Government
M&E Services installed: HVAC, general and emergency lighting and controls, power, fire alarm systems and plumbing services
Years of establishment: 150+
Awards won: Proud winners of the Electrical Industry ‘'Major Contractor of the Year 2015' and "Large Contractor of the year award 2017"
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education