Emma joined the company in 2014 as Resourcing Partner in M&E Building Services, covering Manchester, Leeds and the Humber. During this time, she identified an opportunity to specialise in recruiting for Document Control and Administrative roles within the construction industry, with the remit of covering the UK.
Prior to this, Emma worked for 12 years in IDB operations, where she was involved in the bond and derivatives market, acting as an intermediary between major financial institutions to facilitate inter-dealer trading in the City of London.
When she’s not spending time with her two daughters, Emma loves to be working out at the gym and partaking in an array of sports, including mountain climbing, boot camps, running, swimming and skiing.
Where: Emma looks after roles in London and the South East
*** Seeking a new challenging Mechanical Engineering role?
* Do you have 4-5 years experience and feel it is time for a new opportunity?
* As part of an increase in workload the client is seeking to recruit an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join the Building Services department, delivering engineering solutions across a number of schemes.
* The Building Services team works on a variety of projects, ranging from conceptualisation to practical delivery.
As a Mechanical Engineer you should be technically capable of managing a portfolio of projects
including works at both planning and detailed design stages.
* You will be able to demonstrate that you can communicate clearly and effectively with the internal management of the company from Graduate to Director level. Externally you will be required to liaise with clients, architects and contractors, maintaining good business relationships with all members of the team and promoting other services provided by the company.
Duties and Responsibilities :
• Working within a team of engineers to ensure effective delivery of projects and tasks to meet the
deadlines set by your line manager
• Completion of various calculations for system sizing and selection
• Writing and reviewing technical specifications for tender and construction
• Completion of co-ordination with varying disciplines, including architecture, structures and other
design team consultants
• Liaising directly with clients, architects and contractors on projects to ensure we meet client
needs and to ensure that projects are delivered on programme
• Attendance of Design Team Meetings and Workshops
• Liaise with your line manager to ensure that targets are met and that any issues arising on
projects can be dealt with quickly and properly
• Building Services Design from Conceptualisation through to Practical Completion
• Preparation and reviewing of drawings completed by internal CAD team
Required Qualifications / Experience:
• BEng / HND in relevant discipline
• Minimum 2 years' in similar role
• Experience in completion of ventilation, heating, cooling and water sizing
• Knowledge of Building Regulations Part B, G, F & L
• Experience in delivering a mixture of development typologies, ranging from individual
residential properties to commercial offices/hotels
• Knowledge of AutoCAD software
Optional Qualifications / Experience:
• Working knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and associated software
• User of IES Virtual Environment (IES-VE) software
• Knowledge of Sustainability assessment methods (BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes,
• Experience in completion of SAP, iSBEM and/or Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM) calculations
Salary + Package
The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress to Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training.
As a base package, all staff are entitled to the following:
• Competitive Market Salary
• 25 days annual leave (with options to purchase or sell 5 days)
• Membership to 1 professional body (CIBSE, IMech, IET, etc.)
In addition to our base benefits, we offer a flexible benefits package which includes:
• Matching Pension Contribution (3%)
• Medical cash plan
• Private Health and Dental Care
• Ride2Work Scheme
• Childcare vouchers