Charlie has been working in partnership with Guyan & Associates since August 2012. A born and bred Brummie, Charlie is a specialist Mechanical & Electrical Building Services recruiter, for both permanent and freelance roles. Based in the Birmingham, his clients span the Midlands, whilst some have a national remit.
After leaving university, Charlie moved straight into M&E recruitment and has a solid 15 years experience under his belt. Prior to joining forces with Guyan & Associates, he worked for one of the biggest national agencies, where he successfully built up the M&E area from scratch.
A self-confessed foodie, when he's not cooking up a storm in the kitchen, Charlie enjoys sampling his local Michelin-starred restaurants. A love of travel has taken him throughout Australia and South East Asia, but it is train travel that really appeals and the Trans Siberian railway, from Moscow to Beijing, is top of his list.
Where: Charlie looks after roles in the midlands – west and east – up to Nottingham, down to Oxford, Northants and Worcester.
Our client is expanding their regional office and are looking to strengthen the mechanical team with the appointment of a Senior Mechanical Engineer. If this sounds of interest then please call to discuss in further detail.
Job title: Mechanical Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Mechanical Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Working as part of the M&E delivery team you will be responsible for all aspects of mechanical building services installation
• Procurement of materials and labour for Mechanical Building Services
• Liaising with architect, M&E design consultant, main contractor and the client
• Co-ordination of utilities companies to enable site set-up
• Mechanical Design co-ordinating/review of drawings
• Management of M&E site managers/supervisors
• Health and Safety management
• Overseeing the installation of all associated mechanical services
• Attending and chairing mechanical project progress meetings
• Dealing with any client issues
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge of M&E Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid drivers license.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This privately-owned M&E Contractor has established themselves as one of the largest, independent contractors, specialising in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with values of up to £12m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Commercial, Education, FM and Planned Maintenance, Healthcare, Hotels, Transport Infrastructure, Residential, Industrial, Pharmaceutical and Research, Refurb and fit-out
M&E Services installed: HVAC, CCTV, BREEAM & Code assessments, Fire Detection & Protection, LV, MV, Electrical distribution and Hot and Cold Water supplies
Years of establishment: 65 years +
Awards won: RoSPA President’s Award 2013 – 2015; RoSPA Gold Awards 2008 – 2012; Supply Chain of the Year Award from Willmott Dixon; BS EN ISO 9001-2000; BSI ISO 14001: 2004
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education