After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
Interested in working on a prestigious Rail project in Central London? Want to play a key role in its delivery? We are looking to recruit a No. 2 for a £25 million Cross Rail project. Due to complete mid next year, the project is going through an important time and is looking for a leader to support its constrution.
Job title: M&E Senior Project Manger
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Senior Project Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Responsible for overall leadership of the Mechanical & Electrical delivery - managing a complex large scale rail project to a successful financial close.
• The Senior PM will provide influential leadership of a multi-disciplinary M&E Building Services team, consisting of Project Managers, Site Managers, Engineers & Designers.
• Manage the M&E project to ensure all contractual aspects between clients and contractors are met, that all parties are compliant, particularly with respect to completion of project prior to programmed operational start date
• Integration of M&E Building Services with all other construction activities with Joint Venture partners & Client
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with M&E project sponsors and other key stakeholders, both internal and external
• Lead assigned M&E projects ensuring that planned/agreed work is completed and that project schedules, quality, cost objectives and deadlines are achieved
• Identify, monitor, mitigate and manage M&E project and operational risks – also work with the SHEQ team to ensure compliance with all Health and Safety & CDM regulations and obligations.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge ofElectrical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid drivers license.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This prestigious M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects
Turnover: £3bn (group revenue)
Location Coverage: UK-wide
No Staff: 2000 (project personnel)
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Built Environment, Infrastructure & Industrial, Data Centres
M&E Services installed: Fully designed FoH lighting. Intelligent Building Management System (BMS) Data centre specific total M & E, CCTV, data and BMS systems, controls and automation (MEICA)
Years of establishment: 200 years +
Awards won: Carbon Reduction Award, shortlisted for President ICE Award at the British Construction Industry Awards, numerous BREEAM excellent ratings, Green Apple Environment Award, NLA Award, South Wales Construction Excellence project of the year
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education