After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated, highly experienced Mechanical Design Manager to work for one of our award-winning National Main Contractors. The role will support the operational site teams with technical support across all regional projects. Previous experience in managing major projects designs, with projects ranging in value from £10 - £30 million.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As the Mechanical Design Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Support the Engineering & Design teams in major M&E business activities
· Provide technical support across all Regional projects
· Co-ordinate and manage all design and engineering activities on allocated M&E projects, as well as undertaking mechanical design tasks.
· To work flexibly to undertake a variety of mechanical design activities associated with the design, test, substantiation and installation of high integrity mechanical plant and systems.
· Provide M&E design input to tender
· Highlight potential design risks
· Assist with consultant appointments
· Lead discussions covering mechanical design engineering with the project teams
· Understanding and modelling of BIM techniques
· Technical submissions
· Work closely with Consultants, Clients, Subcontractors and Subcontractor Consultants to ensure that programmes are delivered to specification, cost and time
· Work within and maintain required records for all work, in order to satisfy company standards, procedures and legal requirements.
· Keep abreast of latest mechanical technology and identify technology developments and resources appropriate to the business needs and engineering activities
Qualifications & Skills required:
· Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in either Mechanical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
· Working knowledge of M&E Design & Building Services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £10m-£50m
· Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driving licence