After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
We are working closely with a successful M&E business who are looking to appoint a Project QS to support company growth. With an ever expanding order book you will be developed onto the next stage in your career.
Job title: Quantity Surveyor (QS) for National M&E Building Services contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the M&E Quantity Surveyor (QS) your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• The Quantity Surveyor should have an in-depth understanding of the commercial and contractual Requirements of each M&E building services project and ensure the company fulfils its obligations under the contract - ensuring any required notices are submitted on time.
• All quantity surveying (QS) duties, including: measurement, valuation and agreement of relevant work sections.
• Negotiating revised terms and conditions with clients, contractors, partnering Quantity Surveyors and suppliers.
• Overall responsibility for M&E quantity surveying and commercial management of project finance performance, including: preparing or assisting with final accounts, loss and expense submissions, monthly management accounts, settlement of subcontractor accounts and procurement.
• Providing sound quantity surveying advice on commercial risk within the Mechanical & Electrical projects.
• Administer sub-contract and supplier orders/contracts and ensure the companies' compliance with the terms and conditions, including: valuations, payment certificates, applicable notices etc.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Ideally qualified with either a Mechanical / Electrical qualification or Cost Management / Quantity Surveying.
• Previous working experience within an M&E Contractor or Quantity Surveying practice.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: A leading player in their field, this company is a provider of Specialist Quantity Surveying, M&E Design, Project Management, Cost Modelling, FM, Building Surveying and Legal Support Services for all sectors of the construction industry, specialising in Mechanical & Electrical Building Services
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, M&E Design, Estimators
Sectors: Retail, Industrial, Healthcare to Commercial, Infrastructure, Sport and Leisure, Commercial and Residential
M&E Services: BIM, Bills of Quantities/Estimates/Cost Plans, budget & cost analysis
Years of establishment: 24 years
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education