Regional Engineering Technical Manager (Mechanical)
You will support the business technically by highlighting opportunity and minimising risk by providing Mechanical Technical policy, review, education and support at a level which takes account of unit capabilities.
Assisting the Engineering Services Director in providing Mechanical Technical and design support to the company's West Midlands business units in appropriate Building Services discipline(s) and specialisation(s).
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide design & technical support to the business units
• Be fully conversant with functional and company method statements, associated guidance manuals and technical standards
• Technically (Mechanicall) support the management of all design work undertaken throughout the company (both in-house & subcontracted)
• Provide process & technical, assistance, education & advice to company personnel
• Assist the Engineering Services Director, when required
• Display a flexible approach to visiting locations and sites throughout the UK
• Provide technical advice / assistance to queries raised by business units and sister companies where appropriate
• Assist the business to expand and develop its technical capabilities by providing support to work winning colleagues
• Represent the company on industry bodies / forums when required
Qualifications / Education and / or Experience:
• Preferably educated to bachelor’s degree level or above
• Previous management / people development experience would be useful, as would working within a M&E/Building Services environment
• Must have superior knowledge of technical skills requirements, and possess excellent communication skills together with a common sense and flexible approach
Essential work based aspects:
• Up-to date and relevant technical knowledge
• Auditing systems and assessment processes
• Design knowledge
• Company systems / standards awareness
• Technical legislation / regulations / health & safety knowledge
• Design software knowledge and successful embedding of BIM, cost planning at tender launch.