MEP Planning Manager
- MEP Planning Manager overseeing and coordinating a planning team on this major £90m project
- National Building Services Contractor.
- High profile project portfolio
- Considerable experience in a similar planning management role – minimum 10 Years working specifically as an Senior MEP planner or Planning Manager
- Excellent career opportunities for progression and highly competitive salary package.
- Construction or Building Services planning background essential.
A proven MEP Planning Manager, you will have the opportunity of working with a prestigious Building Services Contractor, boasting more than 2 centuries of experience in the Mechanical Engineering and the Construction industry. Today this award winning, market leading and pioneering M&E Contractor has 8 offices throughout the UK supported by over 2k highly skilled, Mechanical and Electrical specialists. Delivering prestigious Building Services projects from conception, installation and life cycle management, using the most advanced technologies and innovative thought processes.
As the MEP Planning Manager will lead and coordinate the planning team and deliver the MEP integrated programmes from design through to commissioning handover and integration for this major £90m M&E project. Dealing mainly with the integrated project teams, understanding the projects and its requirements and articulating that into a fully integrated and workable programme, guiding the project team to success.
Education / Qualifications:
- A degree in an MEP Engineering discipline would be advantageous
- Professional Membership of appropriate Eng Institution
- Considerable experience in a similar planning management role – minimum 10 Years working specifically as an MEP planner/Senior Planner
- Ability to work within an integrated team
- Ability to create and manage innovative solutions
- Ability to inspire and motivate for exceptional performance
- Excellent client communication skills
- Excellent team communication skills
- Conversant with MEP systems and appropriate standards
- Full understanding of what success looks like and how to achieve it
- Establish and maintain relationships with the integrated project team
- Report to the integrated team Planning Manager & Operations Director and be responsible for the MEP planning element of the team
- Develop a fully integrated MEP programme that leads to a successful handover of the project
- Development of the integrated MEP programme, informed by handover, commissioning, installation, procurement and design
- Identify key MEP interfaces on interface schedules to assist the project team
- Identify key MEP dependencies on dependency schedules to assist the project team
- Identify key MEP milestones, and develop milestone delivery sheets
- Ensure that the programme is fully integrated with the main construction programme
- Use P6 (Primervera) software
- Use of Asta (Power Projects) Software
- Expert in Digital Engineering (BIM) linked 4D & 5D planning
- Produce monthly progress reports
- Carry out regular baseline programme reviews
- Carry out regular critical path analysis reviews
- Carry out detailed productivity reports against operative & work package efficiency
- Carry out Project Planning Function Audits (Full Construction Programme)
- Monitor cause and effect relationships throughout the programme
- Integrate MEP suppliers programmes and monitor progress monthly
- Manage MEP planning team, including performance management via one to ones process, and professional development via appraisal process
- Leading the planning and controls function on a project (high to major complexity).
- Resource management, recruitment, development, coaching and mentoring.
- Implementing Pre-Contract Planning and Work Winning processes.
- Implementing strategic planning / programme management systems.
- Developing business advancements / improvement agendas.