The Planning Manager will lead and coordinate all delivery of MEP integrated programmes from design through to commissioning handover and integration for this major National M&E Contractor's Southern business unit. “Hands On Approach” Dealing mainly with the project teams, understanding each project requirement and articulating that into a fully integrated and workable programmes, guiding the project teams to success.
Education / Qualifications:
A degree in an MEP Engineering discipline would be advantageous
Professional Membership of appropriate Eng Institution
Considerable experience in a similar planning management role.
P6 and other major planning software is essential
· Ability to work within an integrated team
· Ability to create and manage innovative solutions
· Ability to inspire and motivate for exceptional performance
· Excellent client communication skills
· Excellent team communication skills
· Conversant with MEP systems and appropriate standards
· Full understanding of what success looks like and how to achieve it
· Establish and maintain relationships with the main contractor/client and project teams
· Develop the full MEP programmes that leads to a successful handover of the projects, including commissioning, installation, procurement and design.
· Identify key MEP interfaces on interface schedules to assist the project teams
· Identify key MEP dependencies on dependency schedules to assist the project teams
· Identify key MEP milestones, and develop milestone delivery sheets
· Ensure that the programmes are fully integrated with the main construction programmes
· Use P6 (Primervera) software (essential)
· Produce monthly progress reports
· Carry out regular baseline programme reviews
· Carry out regular critical path analysis reviews
· Monitor cause and effect relationships throughout the programmes
· Integrate MEP suppliers programmes and monitor progress monthly
· Manage MEP planning team 16 - 20, including performance management via one to one’s process, and professional development via appraisal process
· Management of recruitment (together with OD and CD)
· Manage all career development and training of in house planning team
· Attend CVR meetings when performing
· Member of Leadership team for the business
· Integral to bids front end - producing tender programmes
· Management of trainees one to one’s to assist with Front end.