The company is a leader in its market, providing low carbon community energy systems. With more the 25 years in the market, it is the most established and benefits from the most comprehensive track record and quality of both client and project references of any company in the sector.
With 24 awards in the past 10 years, including 15 for Innovation the company is highly decorated and respected within its community.
The company is led by an exceptionally high calibre group of individuals with an entrepreneurial style who empower and encourage their staff to contribute to the development of both the business and its staff. Close connection between the board and the day to day business operation facilities an agile and responsive decision making process within a collaborative culture considered fundamental for the achievement of the company’s ambitious plans for growth. Year on year growth of more than 21% per annum for the past 5 years is set to accelerate based on recent investments and diversification.
A fantastic opportunity to join an expanding company, to develop and grow your own estimating team within this specialist business. You will manage and control a Team of Estimators within the Estimating Department to achieve turnover and profits as determined by the Company Directors.
• To ensure that the Estimating Department provides a service commensurate with Company objectives, provides support for the Sales and Bid Management team, gives Client satisfaction and assists in generating continued growth.
• To develop the business in terms of turnover and profit and to provide opportunities for staff development and advancement
Estimating Manager is responsible for the following tasks, some of which will be implemented directly and others delegated (the order does not reflect priority):
• Assisting the Bid Management team allocation of resource to particular tenders.
• Ensure that tenders and enquiries are managed and supervised in accordance with Company procedures, are dispatched on time and compliant with the client’s requirements.
• Carry out role as Senior Estimator at times when neccessary.
• Review tender designs and compile suggested schedule of value engineering opportunities.
• Review specifications and compile list of alternative suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Attend site surveys.
• Attend all Bid Interviews
• Prepare draft tender settlement forms for presenting to Bid Director at Tender Settlement meetings.
• Prepare draft tender letters.
• Attend Tender Handover Meetings.
• Prepare high level cost plans when asked to provide commercial support to select clients.
• Produce Square Metre rate report for all completed tenders.
• Ensure that tender returns comply with company formats and turnover & profit targets are met and achieved.
• Ensure tender documents and financial information is handed over to project delivery team in a professional manner in accordance with quality management system.
• Liaise with Technical Department to ensure technical competency and compatibility issues relating to tender conceptual designs are resolved.
• Liaise with Technical Department regarding identification of new equipment and its suitability for inclusion within tenders or the company product portfolio and assist in the evaluation of products.
• Liaise with Sales and Engineering Departments to ensure tenders are commercially viable and the conceptual design is adequately explained to ensure a smooth transition towards installation.
• Regularly meeting with suppliers ensure that the company is purchasing equipment at competitive rates and ensure company are aware of latest installation methods and technology.
• Any other duties relating to the business as instructed by the Company Directors.