· Lead Mechanical Estimator
· Based in Central London office of an award winning & influential M&E Contractor
· Market leader for Design & Installation of CHP, District Heating and Low Carbon Energy Systems
· Background in M&E, Building Services estimating advantageous.
· Year on year growth of more than 21%
· Highly competitve salary package.
The company is a leader in its market, providing low carbon community energy systems. With more the 25 years in the market, it is the most established and benefits from the most comprehensive track record and quality of both client and project references of any company in the sector.
With 24 awards in the past 10 years, including 15 for Innovation the company is highly decorated and respected within its community.
The company is led by an exceptionally high calibre group of individuals with an entrepreneurial style who empower and encourage their staff to contribute to the development of both the business and its staff. Close connection between the board and the day to day business operation facilities an agile and responsive decision making process within a collaborative culture considered fundamental for the achievement of the company’s ambitious plans for growth. Year on year growth of more than 21% per annum for the past 5 years is set to accelerate based on recent investments and diversification.
Lead Mechanical Estimator
The key purpose of the role is the production of detailed and accurate Mechanical Estimates for our specialist CHP, District Heating and Low Carbon Energy client on projects throughout London & South East. You will be required to work on a broad variety of major projects, across a number of sectors such as education, healthcare, rail and residential. They will require an objective and proactive approach to estimating, be ‘customer facing’ and capable of maintaining and developing meaningful relationships with our stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who is keen, and ambitious to develop their career further, in a business looking to grow, and someone who can ideally demonstrate the following experience:
Previous experience of: Mechanical Design estimating/bid presentation experience in the MEP sector. Proven track record of successfully winning mechanical projects in line with business guidelines.
• Good understanding of MEP technical issues is preferable
· CHP, District Heating and Low Carbon Energy Systems
• Ability to read and clearly understand drawings and specifications
• Ability to work under pressure and flexible in approach to tender deadlines
• Wide supplier and sub-contractor knowledge
• Computer literate with experience of ‘Estimation’ software
• Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an advantage
• Design experience would be preferable but not essential
• Good understanding of BREEAM, EPC’s, relevant Building Regulations, SBEM
Demonstrate experience in a similar role.
Qualification to HNC/HND level or equivalent in a Building Services related qualification would be advantageous
•Using drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders
• Taking off quantities off drawings/specifications/bills of quantities
• Producing complete mechanical estimates up to £9m using ‘Estimation’ Software
• Ensuring that all bids submitted are technically correct
•Producing tender packages for subcontractors and reviewing returned documents for inclusion in main bid.
•Involvement in finalisation of tenders including value engineering suggestions, alternative manufacturer proposals etc. and transfer of agreed values into estimating system
•Production of Schedule of Rates for each successful tender
•Liaising with the Commercial Manager to review tender documents and provide necessary clarification on proposed attendances/contract/terms etc. as required to limit unreasonable commercial risk
•Ensuring all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures
•As required represent the Company in negotiations and meetings
•Attend internal project handover meetings and assist Commercial Manager in developing the commercial strategy for the project