Our client is recruiting for a Senior M&E Buyer based out of their London & South East offices supporting the Engineering Services business unit.
Responsible for the implementation of the designated procurement plans in accordance with the Procurement and Supply Chain Management
• Substantial experience of complex procurement processes within a construction related environment.
• Experience procuring within the M&E contracting sector
• A proven track record in managing supplier relationships, negotiation and process compliance.
• Excellent analytical skills, strong commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value procurement.
• The ability to adopt a pragmatic, yet disciplined approach to process compliance, is essential
• An understanding of legal frameworks and contract law is desirable
• Supervisory experience is desirable
• MCIPS qualification or degree is desirable.
Key Accountabilities include;
• Carry out the procurement process for complex procurement requirements in accordance with procurement & supply chain management strategy in relation to the following:
• Provide supervision to buyers in relation to for procurement process activities assigned to them (as per stages detailed above)
• Liaise with sites to assist with the resolution of supply issues as and when required
• Provide regular reports on procurement and supplier performance
• Monitor vendor database to ensure that it contains up to date details of available suppliers
• Monitor the supply market to identify potential new suppliers and products and meet with suppliers to understand their products.
• Understand the supplier market, keeping abreast of market developments, demand trends and risks