Our client is recruiting for an Operations Manager based out of the Southern region, whose responsibility will be to lead and grow the area within the framework set by the business unit’s leadership team.
Proactively develop and manage customer relationships locally, whilst meeting, exceeding customer expectations to achieve profitability targets and to ensure that the financial performance of the area meets or exceeds budgeted targets.
•This is a position for an individual with the skill and desire to successfully develop and manage customer and supplier relationships, delivering projects to achieve profitability targets.
•The individual needs to command respect inside the company and across the building services industry; through the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others.
•Professional membership is required through the CIOB in addition to a valid CSCS card.
•The individual must have previous experience of area management within the M&E/Building Services business with multiple customers and suppliers, delivering the business to achieve expectations.
•P&L accountability requires financial awareness to manage profitability targets through maintaining efficient overheads.
•The individual needs to have credibility with main contractors and consultants, having the relevant experience to manage major building.
• Lead our client’s area team to achieve business growth.
• Accountable for the winning and delivery of business.
• Responsibility for area monthly P&L review.
• Identify manufacturing and site delivery plans within the area with accountability for commercial and business risk.
• Manage labour to achieve operational effectiveness.
• Assess and manage design risk and estimate costs (materials, labour, plant).
• Manage the installation of products through to completion and project sign off.
• Lead, develop and coach individuals to build high performing teams and create a pipeline of talent.
• Live the client’s values.
• Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm.
• Support the delivery of the CSUK Sustainability 2020 roadmap.