· A Public Health Engineer is required to be based on-site for an M&E Contractor.
· Proven Project delivery in a similar role as a Plumbing Construction Manager or Public Health Engineer with “Hands-On” involvement.
· High profile PFI Hospital Project, based in Liverpool.
· Working for a market leading national M&E Contractor.
· Excellent Career opportunity, with a rewarding salary package.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Analysis of tender
· Request and review quotes for all Public Health plant items and any subcontract packages
· Produce technical submissions with any associated back up information (such as sanitary ware
· Review and comment upon/correct specs of Public Health design drawings provided by external designer
· Produce working drawings to Water Regs and BS EN 12056
· Identify any cost savings that can be made by innovations
· Take off general materials from working drawings to allow bulk orders to be placed
· Produce programme of works
· Produce forecast cost
· Attend meetings with the professional team as required
· Make contact with Statutory Bodies (such as Water Board) to arrange drawing approval/inspections
· Arrange and manage new incoming services connections
· Manage labour and subcontractors on site
· Carry out inspections to ensure installations are of a good quality and to specification
· Monitor installation against programme
· Provide ongoing cost forecasts
· Attend meetings with the construction team
· Produce and implement commissioning programmes
· Supervise the testing of services
· Ensure systems are installed and commissioned to L8 (chlorination, hot and cold temps, etc)
· Identify and rectify snags
· Ensure Statutory Bodies are provided with any certs (IE unvented water heater documentation)
· Produce as fitted drawings/valve schedules
· Rectify any defects in a timely manner
· Agree final accounts with Main Contractor and sub-contractors
· Work closely with estimating department to give Public Health advice
· Give advice to M&E Project Managers, Mechanical engineers and foreman throughout the project.
· Support buying department to verify quotes and clarify queries
· Notify staff of any technical changes or company procedures with regards to Public Health services.
PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Above ground soil and waste
· Above ground rainwaters
· Rainwater harvesting
· Sanitary ware
· Hot and cold water services
· Water services plant (tanks, cylinders, booster, specialist valves, etc)
· Dry risers
· Hose reels