POSITION FOR LEAD QUANTITY SURVEYOR (M&E CONTRACTING):
Due to further expansion and a secured order book in excess of £50million, an excellent opportunity for a Lead Quantity Surveyor has arisen within one of our favoured M&E Contracting clients. The successful candidate will benefit from the chance of experiencing an unparalleled career opportunity supported by continuous career development through further training, support from a highly skilled and professional team, and exposure to the most desirable projects within the North West region all whilst working in the comfort of a recently refurbished, modern, open plan office with a welcoming touch.
The role of a Lead M&E Quantity Surveyor will include the following:
· All quantity surveying duties including measurement, valuation and agreement of relevant work sections
· Preparation and agreement of interim applications and final accounts
· Interim administration and settlement of subcontractors accounts
· Assisting in preparation of loss and expense submissions
· Negotiate with client’s representatives and other consultants
· Advise on commercial risks within the project or projects
· Preparation of monthly contract reviews
· Preparation of monthly management accounts information
· Identify change and implement change control process and agreement
· Collaborative working
· Team contribution
· Ability to gain respect of customers and colleagues
· Responsive to customer needs
· Demonstrates loyalty, honesty and commitment
· Shows initiative in resolving problems
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Willingness to be involved in other activities to achieve company objectives
· Inspires, challenges and motivates others
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Applicants will ideally possess a qualification in a Building Services Engineering discipline and a supporting qualification representing Quantity Surveying.
Preference will be given to candidates with a proven background in an M&E Quantity surveying role.