After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate Health and Safety Adviser to join and ever expanding M&E Contractor. Working closely with the H&S Manager, you will be tasked with managing Health and Safety across a number of London sites. If you want an opportunity that can provide you with a platform to be the best, then this is the role for you.
Job title: Health & Safety Adviser for M&E Installation Contractor.
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Health & Safety Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Coordinating works with the client, PSDP/PSCS and other trades on site.
· Conducting regular site audits and carrying out inspections to ensure safe operating procedures are adhered to.
· Carry out accident, incident investigations and root cause analysis studies.
· Auditing and assessing potential new contractors before they commence works.
· Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required.
· Continue to develop the companies Behavioural Safety Policies and carry out training as required.
· Supervise and manage safety and environmental documentation to support the Company’s integrated safety management system.
· Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the HSA as necessary.
· Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for personnel working on site.
· Maintain the required SQE registers to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
· Prepare and deliver training courses, including training assessments.
· Representation at site meetings as may be required.
· Reviewing the SWP’s (Safe Work Plans) for the tasks on site.
· Provide SQE advice and direction to relevant personnel on site as required.
· Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
Qualifications & Skills required:
· Hold a recognised Health and Safety Qualification
· Minimum of 3/4 years Health and Safety Experience
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills
· Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Full, clean driving licence
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This award-winning M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects
Location Coverage: UK & Ireland
No Staff: 200+
Typical Roles and disciplines: BIM Technician, Project Engineer, CAD Technician, Mechanical & Electrical Project Manager
Sectors: Commercial, Industrial, Education, Residential, Retail, Medical, Heritage Buildings, Office fit-outs
M&E Services installed: BIM, supported by AutoDesk Revit MEP, HVAC, lighting control systems, BMS controls
Years of establishment: 24 years
Awards won: 'Excellence Through People' employer
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education