After initially joining Guyan & Associates in 2008, Michael took time out to simultaneously raise his young son and complete an Open University degree, before returning in October 2013.
Michael learned from the best in M&E recruitment, having been trained and developed by Director, James Guyan. Michael’s considered and tailored approached to recruitment, reflects the company’s ethos that quality, not quantity, is important and he takes pride in understanding candidates' individual needs and matching them to the right clients. This approach sets Michael apart from the mass of bums-on-seats recruiters within the industry and has allowed him to make his stamp on the London market - with him fast becoming the first name both clients and candidates turn to for their recruitment needs.
With a strong understanding and awareness of the current market, Michael specialises in Mechanical & Electrical contractors in London and the South East, where he works closely with a number of key players in the industry. He places candidates from graduate to operational level and typical positions include: Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers and Estimators.
Prior to M&E recruitment, Michael cut his teeth resourcing recruitment consultants – which he describes as an eye-opening experience! This opportunity allowed Michael to see both the good and bad qualities in recruitment consultants – and, ultimately, led him to turn his back on the stereotypical view and take the right approach to recruitment.
A proud, life-long, Manchester United fan, Michael is looking forward to seeing them return to the top of the league! He spends most of his spare time having fun with his family and he’s happy his son is slowly coming round to the idea of being a Red Devils supporter.
Where: Michael looks after roles in London and the South East.
A Senior Commercial Manager is required to take charge of a £30 million project in Central London. Commercial Development and the successful candidate will have full Commercial responsibility reporting directly into the Commercial Director. Prestigious M&E Contractor that has an abundance of work next year.
Job title: Commercial Manager for National M&E Building Services contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Commercial Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Work with the M&E project teams to formulate commercial plans, that identify necessary activities that protect the company from risks, and enhance the profitability of contracts.
• Have responsibility for the commercial performance of the project ensuring that the Mechanical & Electrical team successfully achieve the defined objectives and reach their full potential.
• Manage and carry out monthly commercial M&E project reviews - giving direction and advice on any matters of dispute resolution, as required.
• Ensure M&E contract costs are commercially managed, monitored, controlled and reviewed against agreed budgets and that cost information is accurately reported. This includes assisting in the preparation and agreement of interim valuation and final accounts and commercial management of the ongoing financial aspects of subcontracts.
• Lead and comply with company Health & Safety standards, whilst ensuring commercial practices and procedures are managed effectively and internal procedures are maintained.
• Build and maintain high level customer relationships with partnering Quantity Surveyors and Client Commercial Management teams.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Ideally qualified with either a Mechanical / Electrical qualification or Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying.
• Previous working experience within an M&E Contractor or Quantity Surveying practice.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This UK-leading, independent, family-owned, M&E Contractor specialises in the Design, installation, maintenance and facilities management of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with a value of upto £38m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
No Staff: 2,500
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Commercial, Data Centres, Energy, Financial, Power & Industrial, Rail, Retail, Water, Facilities Services, IT services
M&E Services installed: Specialist IT fit-outs, structured cabling, water systems, smart buildings systems, PV solar, M&E and Building Fabric maintenance, off-site manufacturing, rail M&E and telecoms, station upgrades, rail engineering & maintenance, line-side installations
Years of establishment: 90 years
Awards won: RoSPA gold award 2015, RoSPA President Award 2015, Investors in People Bronze, Investors in Diversity (set to achieve by 2018)
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education