Emma joined the company in 2014 as Resourcing Partner in M&E Building Services, covering Manchester, Leeds and the Humber. During this time, she identified an opportunity to specialise in recruiting for Document Control and Administrative roles within the construction industry, with the remit of covering the UK.
Prior to this, Emma worked for 12 years in IDB operations, where she was involved in the bond and derivatives market, acting as an intermediary between major financial institutions to facilitate inter-dealer trading in the City of London.
When she’s not spending time with her two daughters, Emma loves to be working out at the gym and partaking in an array of sports, including mountain climbing, boot camps, running, swimming and skiing.
Where: Emma looks after roles in London and the South East
This prestigious National, award winning M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects. The company was established over 200 years ago and today boasts a Turnover of £3bn (Group revenue)
As Accounts Payable Clerk you will have had exposure in a similar role within the Construction industry, the role is based in Bristol City Centre
Duties and Responsibilities
· Experienced in Purchase Ledger
· Experience in construction industry and dealing with CIS transactions
· Experience in dealing with foreign suppliers including VAT on foreign currency transactions and foreign currency payments
· Experience with SAP systems would be useful
· Team management experience would be useful
· Used to dealing with very high volumes of transactions
· Some knowledge of French would be useful
· Well organized and able to work effectively in a methodical way under pressure
Budgetting, Planning and Reporting
· Able to prepare, assess and interpret management information of a business/area and present in a professional engaging manner.
· Able to generate statutory accounts. Able to interpret financial information (e.g. statutory accounts, credit reports, analyst reports) of clients, suppliers and competitors, identifying significant issues.
· Able to apply forecasting techniques to assist management in performance measurement and planning.
· Able to plan delivery against key dates in the monthly, quarterly and year end reporting cycles.
· Aware of the requirement to organise the wider team by delegating responsibilities as appropriate and ensuring the timely flow of information to meet reporting deadlines.
· Aware of the need for strategic planning and able to assist with routine analysis as required to support this process.
· Able to identify areas that could influence and challenge the business planning agenda at all levels and across functions.
Legal and Commercial Management
· Understanding of contractual obligations, the duties and rights of companies, the administrative consequences of incorporation or the formation of a limited liability partnership including requirements regarding statutory books, accounts, meetings and the role of the Company Secretary.
Analysis and Information Management
· Able to analyse and resolve specified problems.
· Able to provide relevant and correct technical advice.
· Able to develop techniques to extract data from core systems to support both day to day activities and ad-hoc tasks.
· Able to structure routine tasks in a clear, logical and auditable way.
· Able to reconcile data from multiple sources both financial and non financial and translate into relevant and timely information to support business decision making.
· Able to meet all prescribed formats for data presentation, including some professional presentation.
· Aware of the functional involvement in the Group’s IT strategy, involvement in testing of new systems
· Understand and evaluate profit take rules within the specific commercial environment. Be aware of debt/loan positions. Attend contract reviews to understand costs and cash and ensure contract review forms are the basis of the management accounts.
· Able to appreciate the challenges of the legal environment the project operates in. Be aware of the commercial terms within the construction environment. Be aware of different forms of contract (e.g. PFI/PPP, target cost, cost reimbursement).
· Aware of the risks and opportunities of a specific corporate structure.
Able to evaluate commercial terms into cash and profit.
The ideal candidate should have Construction Industry exposure and an awareness of Project Management, Health & Safety and be able to demonstrate People Management skills awareness and have basic knowledge of Digital engineering and Nuclear Safety
The Client is offering a competitive salary and package to the successful candidate. Call me today for more information – Emma - 07507 807 909