Emma joined the company in 2014 as Resourcing Partner in M&E Building Services, covering Manchester, Leeds and the Humber. During this time, she identified an opportunity to specialise in recruiting for Document Control and Administrative roles within the construction industry, with the remit of covering the UK.
Prior to this, Emma worked for 12 years in IDB operations, where she was involved in the bond and derivatives market, acting as an intermediary between major financial institutions to facilitate inter-dealer trading in the City of London.
When she’s not spending time with her two daughters, Emma loves to be working out at the gym and partaking in an array of sports, including mountain climbing, boot camps, running, swimming and skiing.
Where: Emma looks after roles in London and the South East
Are you a Mechanical Project Manager seeking a new challenge?
Job title: Mechanical Project Manager for M&E Contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Mechanical Project Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Review of the estimate / tender for the Mechanical project elements, in conjunction with the M&E project team, to fully determine and understand the conditions, requirements, deliverables, risks and liabilities of the works, as defined and awarded by the client.
• Assessment and organisation of the mechanical resources required to execute the project in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
• Communication to project team members of all information, including: project contractual conditions, specifications, drawings and working instructions for the execution of the project.
• Ensure the safe and efficient execution of mechanical project installations and procedures, both on and off site.
• Supervision and motivation of mechanical project team members, including training and development, throughout the project.
• Establish a productive working relationship with the client, on all mechanical installation responsibilities concerning design and co-ordination activities and develop contract/project opportunities.
• Ensure the efficient production of mechanical project engineering through to installation, in accordance with project conditions and requirements, taking account of the CDM and other project quality and programme requirements.
• Ensure the efficient operation of project procurement, mechanical material control and costing policies and procedures. You will also aid and assist in producing accurate and current project procurement schedules, and cost reports for senior project management.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services
• Working knowledge of Mechanical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driving licence.
Client: This privately-owned M&E Contractor has established themselves as one of the largest, independent contractors, specialising in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with values of up to £12m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Commercial, Education, FM and Planned Maintenance, Healthcare, Hotels, Transport Infrastructure, Residential, Industrial, Pharmaceutical and Research, Refurb and fit-out
M&E Services installed: HVAC, CCTV, BREEAM & Code assessments, Fire Detection & Protection, LV, MV, Electrical distribution and Hot and Cold Water supplies
Years of establishment: 65 years +
Awards won: RoSPA President’s Award 2013 – 2015; RoSPA Gold Awards 2008 – 2012; Supply Chain of the Year Award from Willmott Dixon; BS EN ISO 9001-2000; BSI ISO 14001: 2004
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education