Emma joined the company in 2014 as Resourcing Partner in M&E Building Services, covering Manchester, Leeds and the Humber. During this time, she identified an opportunity to specialise in recruiting for Document Control and Administrative roles within the construction industry, with the remit of covering the UK.
Prior to this, Emma worked for 12 years in IDB operations, where she was involved in the bond and derivatives market, acting as an intermediary between major financial institutions to facilitate inter-dealer trading in the City of London.
When she’s not spending time with her two daughters, Emma loves to be working out at the gym and partaking in an array of sports, including mountain climbing, boot camps, running, swimming and skiing.
Where: Emma looks after roles in London and the South East
Are you looking for a new Challenging Document Control role?
The role will include uploading / downloading and distributing documents, quality control, general management of drawing and specifications.
Job title: Document Controller
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Document Controller your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Version control and quality check of final M&E project documentation and correspondence in line with procedures, including obtaining and uploading final M&E reports from technical teams for use by external parties.
• Direct liaison with consultants and external stakeholders, including notifying key stakeholders of updates to the Baseline Information in coordination with the Project Leads.
• Generation of reports
• Management of electronic correspondence, document storage, transmittal systems and procedures.
• Preparing documents for uploading and ensuring that all missing metadata is completed
• Champion existing document control process and procedures and support development / implementation of new project systems and procedures.
• Support the maintenance of an assumptions log, issues log and change log.
• Assisting the Project Leads with identifying relevant drawings that shall form part of the baseline and working with the Drawing Manager in keeping the drawings register up to date.
• Administer the baseline information acceptance process with the various external stakeholders, and maintain a register and evidence of acceptance.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Conject, Aconex,4Projects experience essential
• Experience of operating successfully in relevant coordination, technical or M&E project support roles
• Eligible to live and work in the UK
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This privately-owned M&E Contractor has established themselves as one of the largest, independent contractors, specialising in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with values of up to £12m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Commercial, Education, FM and Planned Maintenance, Healthcare, Hotels, Transport Infrastructure, Residential, Industrial, Pharmaceutical and Research, Refurb and fit-out
M&E Services installed: HVAC, CCTV, BREEAM & Code assessments, Fire Detection & Protection, LV, MV, Electrical distribution and Hot and Cold Water supplies
Years of establishment: 65 years +
Awards won: RoSPA President’s Award 2013 – 2015; RoSPA Gold Awards 2008 – 2012; Supply Chain of the Year Award from Willmott Dixon; BS EN ISO 9001-2000; BSI ISO 14001: 2004
Alongside a generous basic salary and paid travel expenses, you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education